Immortal she, return to me

Author's note: Thanks to everyone so far for leaving suggestions for my own WofI 2023. 

Also, this takes places after 'An important talk' and before 'Nightmares belong in boxes"

Also, Also, trigger warning for blood and descriptions of implied gore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Smg3 woke up from the sound of his alarmclock . He grumbled, turning it off and got out of bed.

"Good morning Eggdog." Three said, still a little groggy, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. However, she didn't respond. "Eggdog?" Three couldn't find Eggdog in her dog bed.   

'That's odd.' Three thought to himself. 'She usually wakes up the same time I do. Did she get up early?'

Three made his way out of his and into the kitchen. Eggdog wasn't there either.

"Eggdog?" Three looked around worryingly. "Eggy?" Three felt a sense of dread. "Where- where is she?"

L's door opened. He noticed his brother standing in the middle of the kitchen.

"Three?" He sightly tilted his head. "What are you doing?"

"L, was Eggdog sleeping in your room?" Three croaked out, he was trying his best to not panic.

"No, why? Was she not in yours?" L remembered back to last night, he turned towards the living room where Eggdog sometimes like to sleep.

She wasn't there as well.

'Crap.' L thought. He did not need this first thing in the morning.

"Look, I'll be right back, I have to go. When I return, I'll help you look for Eggdog." L looked over at his brother, to see he was definitely holding back tears.

"Ok." Three said in a small voice.

When L opened the door to the bathroom, he found a concerning sight. There in the tub, was Eggdog, she looked like she was in pain.

"Three! Get over here!" L had yelled in a panic.

Three dashed his way over. "What is it? What's wrong?" L pointed to the tub. "Eggdog!" 

Three got closer to the tub, he tried to reach for his daughter, only for her to tried bite him and snarled. 

"Something is wrong. She never has acted like this before." Three held back his hand, shocked that she had tried to bite him.

"Maybe you should get Smg4 here? This might be a related meme problem." L suggested. 

"Good idea. Where's my phone?" Three felt his pockets to find it. Nothing.

"You left it on the kitchen table last night." L watched Three's face blush pink from embarrassment.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that..." Three murmured out.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Smg4 was sleeping peacefully in his bed when all of a sudden, his phone rang. Startled Four fell out of his bed trying to reach it. He grumbled and picked himself up.

Three was calling him. Four quickly picked up the phone and brought it to his ear. "H-Hello?" Why was Three calling him so early?

"Four!" Three basically shouted in his ear. Four cringed at the sudden loudness. "There's something wrong with Eggdog."

Fuck, Three sounded like he was panicking on the other side. 

"Ok, I'll be right there." Four hung up soon after. He hopes Eggdog is alright. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

A portal opened in Three's living room and out stepped Four. "Alright, I'm here. Where's Eggdog?"

Three brought Four over to the bathroom where she was laying down in the tub. Slg4, sat on the closed toilet looking after her.

"What happened to her?" Four got closer to Eggdog, who was breathing heavily. 

"We're not sure," L admitted. "We found her like this, careful, don't get too close. She tried biting Three earlier."

That's odd. She would never do something like that. 

Eggdog let out a painful whine and Four felt his heartstrings ache. A small pool of blood formed under her fur. Three let out a tear-filled "Eggdog!"

Suddenly a weird memory of Four's came back to his mind. A few months ago, he found himself down this rabbit hole of watching Shiba Inu puppies. A sort of glimpse into their puppyhood before they get adopted. This also included their birth.

"Uh, Three? Did you ever spay Eggdog?" Four asked his boyfriend.

Three with tears in his eyes responded. "N-no. That wouldn't make sense, t-that's not how memes work. Right?" Three looked over back to Eggdog.

"Perhaps, it's different because she's a meme of an actual animal?" L suggested.

Oh god Three was a terrible pet owner. How could he not realize this? He planted his face on the edge of the bathtub in shame.

The next few minutes were of trying to help Eggdog's labor go smoothly. Four pulled up some articles on what to do, Three grabbed some washcloths, and Slg4 grabbed Eggdog's water bowl.

Finally, Eggdog was sleeping soundly with one little pup by her side.

The three men all let out a sigh of relief. 

"Thank goodness, that's over with." L carefully got up. "I'm gonna go make some breakfast. Four, would you like to stay?"

"Sure, that's fine by me." Four had completely forgot to eat something before he left.  

Three was mesmerized by the sight in front of him. He sniffed, tears of joy falling down his face.

"Three? Are you ok?" Four looked over to him worried.

"Four, we're grandparents now." Three brought Four closer to him, pulling him into a hug.

"We're?" Four felt his face heat up.

"Of course. Since we're dating, Eggdog's you kid too."

Four his own tears run down his face. "We- we are grandparents."

They stayed like that, with joyful tears in their eyes over the brand-new member of their family.