Best friends

Author's note: I still feel like I need to wash away my sins after my last angst oneshot.

Also, this takes place before 'The confession'.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Smg4!" Despite it being muffled, Mario's scream could still be heard through the other side of the Rv. 

Four got up with a grumble, he checked his phone for the time. 7:02am. 

'Why the hell is he here so early?' Four walked up to the Rv door, not really caring that he was still in his PJs. "What is it, Mario?" It was too early for shit to already start.

"With all the coo-crazy stuff that's been happening the last few weeks. Mario forgot to give you something!" Mario said, looking away, embarrassed.

"Like, a gift?" The meme man tilted his head. What on earth was Mario talking about?

"Exactly!" Mario cheered. "But first close your eyes and stick your hands out."

"Why?"

"It's a surprise!"

Smg4 did what he was told waited. He felt something slightly heavy being placed in his hands.

"You can open them now." Mario's voice was soft, unusual for the plumber.

Four open his eyes and looked down to see what was placed in his hands. It was a frame, inside that frame had a crude drawing of him and Mario with the words, 'Best Friend Award!' Written on it.

"Mario was going to give this during Mario day but, well... you went insane."

Four could feel tears well up in his eyes. "I still get to have this? After all of the shit I did?"

"Of course! You're still Mario's best friend!" 

Four pulled in Mario for a hug. "Thank you, Mario." A couple of loose tears fell off his face. 

"You're my best friend too."