And a dollar for the bus back home

Author's note: I swear I will stop refencing Jack Stauber's Cupid. It just fits Smg3 and his ex, so well.

Also, Bowser is a good friend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bowser was listening to the rain. It always soothed him down after a long day. 

Suddenly his phone began to ring. "Who is calling me in the middle of the night?" The koopa king asked himself. He sighed and picked up the phone "Hello?"

"H-hey." It was Smg3, his voice sounded hoarse, and out of breath. "C-can you p-pi *ick* me up?"

Was he crying on the other side? "Of course!" Bowser's mom mode kicked in. "Where are you?"

Three had given Bowser the location and he was off.

When Bowser found him, he was a mess.

He was completely soaking wet, dry tear marks were running down his face and most concerningly, he had a black eye.

"What the hell happened to you, man?" Bowser has never seen Three so vulnerable.

Three looked around, he was scared. "Can we get out of here first? I don't want to stay here anymore." He was shivering now.

"Alright." Bowser sighed. "But when we get back to my place, you're gonna tell me what happened."

Three gulped and nodded his head, too tired to protest.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One hot chocolate later, Three was ready to talk.

Tears once again started to spill out as Three told Bowser what happened. 

"You already know about L's death, and I'm still grateful you are helping with his funeral service but, that's not the reason I was out tonight."

"Oh?" Bowser tilted his head.

"I just broke up with my partner."

"Wait, partner!?! Why didn't you tell me you were dating!?" Bowser practically yelled, Three flinched. "Sorry, Smg3. I shouldn't have yelled. But my question still stands, why didn't you tell me?"

"No reason." Three looked away from the koopa, he was clearly lying.

"Did you guys break up because of your brother's death?" 

Three nodded. "Y-yeah..." he croaked out.

"And they did that to you?" Bowser could feel his anger rise, pointing to the black eye Three had.

Three nodded again, sniffing as he out another yes.

"What does this fucking asshole look like so I can kick their ass?!?" 

Three paused, he started to shake. "They're a Mario re-color." Three finally let out.

Bowser could feel his anger getting to him. "Do you have any idea how that doesn't help!?" Why was he protecting his ex-partner so much?

"I'm sorry." Three whimpered. "I don't want to talk about this anymore." He curled up on himself.

Bowser sighed; he wrapped a blanket around Three. "Alright, please just get some rest."

"Thanks Bowser." Three had a small smile on his face. "You're a good friend."