Water you doing?

Author's note: I couldn't kelp myself with the puns. They are my weakness.

Also, this story takes place after 'Seafoam.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been roughly three months since Three knew about Four existence. 

The two had become way closer in more ways than one. But there was always something nagging in Four's mind. 

'What if he gets found? What if he goes home?' 

Four would tell these concerns to Three and he would sadly shrug and say, "There's nothing we can do about it."

Over the months, Three's hair grew out, he had ripped the sleeves off of his shirt and he had gained a full beard. 

Four had found a suitcase from the flight Three was on. He would show off all the cool stuff inside the suitcase.

Four's tail had completely healed, but he didn't tell Three. Three would want him to be free. The thought of Three being alone here made Four feel sick.

What if Three is never found by other humans? What happens then?

----------------------------------------------------

One night Three asked Four a question. 

"Can mermaids do magic?"

'No,' Four began. 'Only sirens can use magic and even then, it's very limited to their voice. Why do you ask?'

"Well, you do talk to me using your mind. So, I was just wondering." Three let out a yawn. "Anyways I'm heading in for the night." He walked into the shelter he had created.

Three's question had given Four an idea. Sure, it could be seen as selfish, but he really didn't care. He wanted to be with Three.

Four grabbed one of the items from the suitcase, a golden watch and headed off into the ocean.

He was going to pay someone a visit.

----------------------------------------------------

"Hello?" Four called out when he reached his destination. "Is anyone here?"

A shadowy figure watched the merman before chuckling. "My, My, My. What do I have here? A little merman all by himself." The figure swam out of the shadows to reveal a pale blue siren with bright glowing yellow eyes and a scar going over his right eye. The siren noticed the watch in Four's hand. "An offering? You must be desperate coming to me."

Four placed the watch down on the pile of other offerings given to the siren.

"You are Niles? Are you not?"

The siren, Niles hummed. "That depends, why are you asking?"

"You are one of the strongest and most powerful sirens around here. I deeply need your help." Four begged, he cupped his finned hands together.

Niles picked up the watch Four had brought. "What do you need my help with?"

Four felt his face glowing with embarrassment. "Um, well, you see there is this human and um..."

Niles leaned in closer. "You love him. Don't you?"

Four nodded, his face blushing. "He's stuck on this Island and has been for quite some time. I just can't leave him alone on that island. I came to you because you found a way to use your magic in a way no other siren can."

Niles let out a quick laugh. "Anyone can make potions; it just takes someone with real talent to enchant them. Now, this can go two ways. I can turn you into a human and live your life out with this human, ooorrr." He dragged out showing of his sharp teeth with a devious smirk. "I can turn him into a mermaid. It's your choice."

Four thought about it for a moment. He could stay with Three on that island but, he knew it would get boring. And what would happen if they were found? What would happen to him? Three had told Four that humans have a lot of ways of identifying one another. Four didn't have any records.

"I think it would be best for the both of us if you turned him into a mermaid." Four said.

"Great!" Niles patted Four on the head. "Come back in a few hours. The potion will be done by then."

----------------------------------------------------

Three woke up the next day to see Four snuggled up in the sand. Three knelt down and gently nudged Four. Shiny bright blue eyes looked back at him.

"Moring sleepyhead." Three smiled. 

Four had pulled Three into a hug. 'I have good news.'

Three raised an eyebrow. "Oh, yeah?"

'Yes.' Four said excitedly. 'We'll be able to leave this island soon.'

"But how? You're the only one who can swim." Three heard Four let out a chirp. 

'I'll have to go get first. I'll be right back.' With that he gave Three a quick peck on the cheek and headed into the ocean.

Three could help but feel worried. 'What on earth is he planning?'

----------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, Four came back with a bottle in his hands. Its content swirled a seafoam green.

"What is that?" Three asked his eyes glued to the bottle.

Four place the bottle down gently, right next to Three. 'It's our way out! All you have to do is drink it!' Four's ears were wiggling like a puppy dog's tail. 

'Dammit why do you have to be so cute.' Three thought to himself. "Wait, are you trying to say what I'm think you're saying?"  

Four tilted his head in confusion. 'If you think that this will turn you into a mermaid... Then yes." Four smiled.

Three picked up the bottle and undid the cork. It smelled like heaven. Three gulped. "Welp, down the hatch."

He quickly drank it all so he couldn't back out of it. Suddenly, he felt like he was in pain, like his organs were being rearranged. 

"Fuck." Three cursed, before he could fall face first into the sand Four grabbed him. 

Three felt himself burning up wearing his shirt, he took the thing off leaving his chest exposed, showing off the slight muscles he had. Four blushed at this.

Three needed to get into the ocean, stat. Four carefully made his way there, gently holding onto Three. 

Three started coughing violently. Welp, it's a good thing they're by the water now. Four let Three float for a second before he started to sink. 

Three's legs went numb, he couldn't move them at all. His ears began to ring, but yet, despite being underwater, Three could breathe just fine.

Three laid down on the ocean floor as he waited for this pain to stop. After another minute, Three struggled to lift himself as now, he had a bright purple tail where his legs used to be. 

"Three!?" Four called out, he swam closer to him. "Can you hear me?"  

Three's eyes widened in surprise. "Yeah, I can hear you." Four helped Three off of the floor. Three managed to get a good look at himself. Gills were placed by his neck and by his ribs. Three could even feel his heartbeat had changed. It sounded like there was more than one.

"Three?" Four's voice was soft. He had noticed Three's eyes had changed as well. No longer were they an earthy brown but were now a bright ruby red.

"Yes?" Three asked. 

"Can I kiss you?" Four eyes sparkled under the sun.

Three cupped Four's face and their lips met.

It would take some time to getting used to, but they were finally free.