Chapter 40

Lola

I was rushing to the car with Daisy in my arms, Lilith was in a dress and had her car keys ready, she unlocked the vehicle then opened the backseat door for me, I quickly got in and she went to the driver's side.

Lilith drove away from the beach as fast as the car can go, and I didn't care how fast she was going I just needed her to get us to the hospital.

"Lola" my sister whispered in a weak voice, I put my hand on her stomach and gently massaged it to try and ease the pain.

"I'm here baby, you're okay. You're gonna be okay" I tried to reassure her, her hand tried to reach for my face it was too weak so I picked it up for her and laid her palm on my cheek.

"It hurts" Daisy was laying weakly in my lap with her eyes barely open, and I couldn't stop the sobs from coming out, my tears started to fall down my face and onto her hand.

"Help me please" I begged the woman driving,

"Give me something, anything" Lilith glanced at me through the rearview mirror and I watched her put her palm to her lips, she put her arm back to me and I saw the blood dripping from her hand. I quickly moved forward and got Daisy closer, I opened my sister's mouth and let the few drops from Lilith's blood fall.

"That'll take her pain away but it won't stop what's happening" she said then took her arm back so she can drive, I wiped Daisy's lips from the blood and laid back in my seat holding her tightly in my arms.

"Lola.."

"Yes baby? I'm here" I kissed her hand again and smiled softly at my baby sister, she smiled back at me, her green eyes were slowly losing their little sparks.

Please...

"I love the beach" she shivered, so I grabbed the nearest thing, which was a shirt and covered her with it.

"Stay with me Daisy, we're almost there" I kissed her hand over and over again but her eyes were closing, I could still hear her breathing softly but it was slow.

"I see- mommy, mommy so pretty" What? Was she hallucinating? This is bad, very bad.

"No Daisy, open your eyes for me. Please, you're gonna be okay." but she kept her eyes closed, she couldn't open them, like they were too heavy.

Lilith came to a sudden stop and I didn't even realize we were in front of the hospital, she opened my door and I almost ran out of the car then sprinted to the emergencies.

"Please! I need help! She's not waking up" I said as soon as I walked in, a middle aged woman came running my way taking Daisy from my arms then laid her on one of the beds.

"She has Leukemia, she's had it for a long time and she's been getting her treatments and all but today she fainted, she said her stomach hurt a few minutes before she passed out" I explained everything to the nurse, they rushed her to the emergency but wouldn't let me go with them.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you'll have to wait here please" one of the nurses said to me, I was about to argue because that's my sister and I need to be with her.

"Lola, let them do their job" a voice said behind me, I stood in the middle of the room staring at the double doors with a sinking heart, not knowing what to expect or what to do, will she be okay? This never happened before, and she looked so bad, god I hope she'll be okay, I can't lose her.

"Miss, can you fill out this form?" Another nurse came to me with a paper and a pen, I took both from her and put them on the reception desk, I had to fill information about myself and my sister, name, age, relation to the patient, phone number and other stuff.

"Thank you, please go sit down over there and we'll inform you if there are any news" the receptionist said with a smile and pointed to waiting area, I slowly made my way to the nearest chair to sit down. A nurse handed me a random shirt, I nodded at her and put it on hiding my sports bra from everyone's sight.

Lilith stood next to me tapping her foot on the floor and her arms folded in front of her. She had a thoughtful look as she stared at the same double door where they rushed Daisy through.

It's been about half an hour later then Lilith's foot stopped moving all of a sudden and her arms dropped to her sides, her thoughtful stares switched to cold ones.

"What's going on?" I asked, I knew she could hear what's going on since she wasn't human but her reaction wasn't good, it wasn't good at all. And it could only mean one thing.

"Miss Collins?" A different woman in a lab coat called for me, I quickly stood up waiting for her to tell me that my sister was alright.

"My deepest condolences to you and your family Miss Collins..."

I don't think I've heard her right.

"...Daisy Collins has unfortunately passed away"

My world stopped for a moment and I saw the tape of my life flash before my eyes, me and Daisy at the park, in our backyard, playing and painting, her sweet smile and soft eyes and the love she carried in her little heart.

My baby sister...my Daisy was gone.

My legs felt too weak to carry my body and I took a step back away from the doctor and fell right back on the chair. I could hear a loud ringing in my ears, my eyes were unfocused and my brain was numb. I was numb...

Everyone around me was moving in slow motion, the nurses, the doctors, Sam running my way with a worried look, she was saying things but I didn't hear a word she said.

"Daisy..." was the only word I could mutter.

Should I cry or be mad? I didn't know. I was confused, stuck in a nightmare. Trapped in my own thoughts.

The sound of someone crying and screaming made me blink the tears away and look where the sound was coming from, I saw Lilith holding Aurora in her arms while the little kid tried to get away from her mom. Her face was red from crying, tears falling down her cheeks like waterfalls.

The kid bit her mom's hand drawing blood in hopes for the woman to let her go but Lilith only closed her eyes and kept hugging her youngest daughter. It broke me even more to see Aurora like that, she was only a kid too and to lose someone dear to her at a young age wasn't something easy, specially for a child.

"I'm gonna- go" I pushed Sam's hands from my face and stood up, I didn't know where my legs were taking me but I let them. I heard Sam's calls but I didn't look back, I couldn't. I didn't want to see my sister's dead body, I didn't want to see her lifeless, it'll only kill me even more.

I walked and walked and walked...

Until my legs couldn't hold me anymore, I was in a random road, cars were flying by me one after the other, some were honking at me but I ignored everyone.

Why Daisy? Why her? She deserved a good and long happy life...

Why my Daisy...

*****************************************
This is breaking my heart.

Muah

-S