Chapter 36

Sam

The next morning both Lola and I missed school, my mom said it's fine I don't have to go as long as I don't fail the class. We slept in the same room, my room to be exact, even though my mom was very against it but my momma was there to the rescue.

"Sam!" I heard the voice of a little girl call for me, I smiled softly and turned to look at Daisy who was trying her best to run to me. She looked tired and pale but she still had a big smile and looked happy to see me.

"Hi sweetheart" I picked her up and kissed her cheeks, she hugged my neck tightly and smiled at me cutely.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked Daisy, she nodded her head with a toothy smile. My sister walked in the kitchen followed by my mom, they both had a grumpy face. That's my mom's casual/natural face as for Aurora, well, she just hates waking up. My mom was wearing a tight black dress an inch or two above her knees looking like a goddess.

"Good morning" My mom said, I put Daisy back on her feet and she made her way to sit on the kitchen chair, Aurora walked towards me and gave me a quick hug before going to sit next to her friend.

"Where's your...friend?" My mom asked, still salty about me and Lola having a thing going on. I sighed and put my forehead on her chest, I was so exhausted and it was too early to start arguing.

"Mom..." I whispered in frustration, I heard her sigh before she wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

"I just don't want you to get hurt Sammy" she kissed my head and I smiled softly, she was my mother, she took care of me, she made sure I was fed, she made sure I was safe, she made sure I always had what I wanted. She loved me, she was protective of me.

She was there for me...

"Why are you crying?" She asked when we pulled away from the hug, she held my face in her hands and gently wiped the tears with her thumbs.

"I just...missed you, mom" I smiled but she didn't buy it, she knew there was more to the story but she didn't ask any questions, she just nodded and caressed my cheek with the back of her hand before taking a step back. My mom gave me a last glance and left the kitchen without another word.

"Where's Lola?" Daisy asked taking a bite of the pancakes I made, Lola told me she was going for a walk but it's been a few hours now and she's not back yet.

"I don't know honey, but she'll be back soon."

The thing is, I don't know what's going on with her. She's been too quiet since yesterday and I don't know if it got anything to do with my family not being human.

A few minutes later my momma walked in the kitchen followed by Lola, who had her head down like she was embarrassed or ashamed. My momma was wearing dress pants and a white button up shirt and it had blood stains on one of the sleeve.

"What the hell happened?"

"Nothing sweetie, I was just showing Lola something" my momma smiled softly and kisses my head before leaving the place to go change.

"What happened Lola?" I asked the girl standing in front of me with her head down, when her eyes met mine they were all red and watery like she's been crying, she looked away from me and didn't answer my question.

***

Lola

I couldn't sleep and I couldn't stop thinking of all the possibilities running through my head, could their blood heal my sister? Will the illness go away if she drinks from it? They knew about her being sick then why didn't they offer to help? But of course I was only thinking selfishly, they don't know us, why would they help strangers in the first place.

I had to clear my head, I had to get all these thoughts out so I decided to go for a walk. They had a backyard that connected to the forest which was great, they build a path so whoever is walking around doesn't get lost.

"You wanna talk about what's bothering you?" I heard someone ask, I turned to find Sam's mother, the nice one, standing there with her hands in her pockets. We were a bit far from the house which meant she followed me here.

"I'm fine ma'am, thank you" I replied politely, she looked down at her feet and kicked a pebble out of the way then came towards me.

"I know what you're thinking Lola.." she started, I looked at her for a moment and waited for her to continue.

"We can't heal her my dear, she was born with the disease-"

"But you can try? Right?"

"I can't, I'm not allowed to, and besides, nothing will happen because blood can't take her illness away, even if she drinks it all" she explained, but maybe the blood will take her pain away, maybe it'll keep her alive a little longer.

"Lola...you're breaking your own heart my dear"

"Please, can you at least give me some to try and take her pain away? Please Mrs Falcon, I can't keep watching my little sister suffer like this" I didn't even know I was crying until she wiped my tears, she nodded her head with a soft smile and before I can stop myself I hugged her. She chuckled and gently patted my back, I let go of her and took a step back feeling a little embarrassed.

"I'm sorry, I-" she brushed it off with a wave and a small smile, we made our back to the house  and she disappeared for a moment then came back with a vial.

"Do you have anything sharp?" She asked, I do keep a Swiss knife with me so I handed her that.

"I can't do this again, Lola. Lilith forbids her men from healing any humans no matter who they are, if they knew about it they'll start a war just to get a drop of our blood." She explained, she cut her palm again without making a face or a noise like she didn't feel a thing then put her blood in the tiny bottle.

"Only give it to her when she's in pain, so you can save some of it" She closed the vial and handed it to me. I took the vial from her hand stared at it like it was the most precious thing I've laid my eyes on.

Mrs Falcon smiled and opened her arms for me, at first I didn't know what she was doing them realized she was willingly trying to give me a hug. My eyes filled up with tears and I couldn't even move to hug her, I felt weak.

So she hugged me, the shorter woman wrapped her arms around my shoulders like a mother would hug her child, something I haven't felt in years, something I never thought I'd feel again.

"Stay strong my dear" she whispered softly which only made me sob harder. She was talking about Daisy, like she was telling me there was nothing I could do to save her.

I wiped my cheeks from the falling tears and we both made our way to the kitchen, Daisy and Aurora were eating at the table while Sam was standing next to them. I was still feeling embarrassed and guilty that Mrs Falcon had to give me her blood, but as long as my sister is feeling a little better I don't care what I go through.

"What happened Lola?" Sam asked but I didn't know what to tell her, I walked past her to sit down next to Daisy.

"Hi Lola" she said with a wide smile, she was eating pancakes with Nutella and she had chocolate all over her mouth.

"Hi sweetie, did you sleep well?" She nodded her head fast and took another bite,

"Rori read me a bed time story when I woke in the middle of the night" I looked at Aurora who was leaning on her palm and staring at my sister the whole time, she had a soft smile, slowly blinking while her eyes scanned every inch of Daisy's face.

"That's so sweet, thank you Aurora" I thanked her, she nodded in response without taking her eyes off my sister.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked, her hand touched my shoulder and I turned to look at her. She was so worried, her hand rubbed my back in a comforting way and I smiled at her, she was a sweetheart and I wanted to tell her that but I couldn't, so I pulled her to me in a hug. Maybe I can't express how I feel with words but I would love to show her how much she means to me.

********************************************

Hmm, I'm bored. I wanna kill somebody

Muah

-S