Chapter 1

Sam

My life isn't real...

Is it?

First my mother who I loved so much, who I looked up to leaves me and my father in a devastating way, one day she was there then the next she wasn't. She was my role model, she was a great musician, a great artist, I'm sure she still is. If she's alive.

Then,

My father,

My dear father,

I truly thought her leaving us was the worse thing a mother could do to her family. The worst scenario a kid could go through.

But no,

I was wrong. Very wrong even.

The day my father...the day he put an end to his life was engraved into my brain. I never forgot the look on his face, even though he was a black man I could see the paleness of his skin. The cold glare in his eyes, and how lifeless they were as they stared right back at me.

I was a child, a kid who had no clue what's going on. Who didn't know why my father would do such thing, why he'd leave me in this cruel world. I thought we were happy, I thought he was happy with me.

I keep thinking if Vivi never found me, or never accepted to adopt me, what would've happened to me? I would've been sent to a foster home, or an orphanage. I wouldn't have been provided with the love and care I have right now.

"Honey, are you alright?" My mom, Lilith, asked with a worried look. They were back from their late night date, Aurora was long asleep and I took her to her room then went back to the living room.

"Yes, I'm just tired but can't sleep" I said with a soft smile, she was such a lovely and caring person. Scary and strict yes, but a softie as well.

"Is it that Chucky doll again? Did she not understand a word I said?" She said walking closer to the couch,

"No mom, please don't threaten to kill her parents like you did many years ago...she still reminds me of it every single day" I sighed and leaned back on the couch closing my eyes, trying to focus on the faint sound of the tv.

"Then what's going on? Why are you sad?" She took my hand in hers and gently caressed it, I slowly opened my eyes to look at her. She had worry written all over her face, I smiled trying to reassure her and leaned to give her a hug.

"I'm alright mom, I promise" I whispered before standing up to make my way back to my room. My momma, Vivienne, was walking downstairs she looked like she just got out of the shower.

"Night momma"

"Goodnight baby" She kissed my head and made her way downstairs.

Another sleepless night, I spend it writing in my music book. My mom got it for me a few years back because I kept losing my music sheets, now all I have to do is take it out of the drawer and write what I want.

I won't say I'm a genius but my moms keep saying that, I don't believe it, yes I write music, I play all the instruments but I'm mainly a pianist. I thank my parents for teaching me and helping me find myself in music.