Chapter 9

Sam

"I swear Sam I didn't know what it was!" Henry said, he was trying to apologize for what he did this morning but I was having a very bad morning and he just had to make it worse.

"You used my skin care product as body wash Henry!" I was astonished when I woke up and tried to do my skin care routine just to find my stuff in the shower and next to his loofah.

"I know and I'm sorry, I'll get you another one" we were driving to campus and he's been apologizing the whole way there, I sighed and stopped the car.

"Yeah you better get me a new one" I got out and made sure to lock it when Henry shut his door.

Maybe I'm just overreacting but I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, first I bite my tongue on accident as soon as I open my eyes, then I hit my shin with the leg of the stool in my kitchen, then finding out Henry used my product as body wash.

I looked through the map to find the way to my class, Folk music studies. It wasn't far from where I was, hopefully it won't be as boring as yesterday's class. It has come to my attention that students don't like being on time, the seats were again empty apart from a few students who were busy using their phones.

A few minutes later, middle aged woman walked in the room. She put her purse on the desk before looking at us.

"Good morning" she said and some of us greeted her back, the woman sat down and took out her laptop. The smart board lit up as it connected to her device.

"I'm Mrs Clark, your folk music professor. If you listen to what I say and focus in my class, this year will go smoothly and easy for you and for me. Make sure to take notes because everything I'm about to say will be part of your final exam"

After that was said Mrs Clark went on with her teaching, even though she was very strict and mean I kind of enjoyed her class. I made sure to take notes, and highlight everything that sounded important.

"Ms Falcon?" I was surprised to hear someone call me when I was about to leave the room. I quickly turned around to look at my professor, she gestured for me to come closer to her desk.

"Yes? Mrs Clark?" I nervously stood there in front of her desk wondering how she knew who I was then remembered she did have a list of all the students.

"Are you by any chance related to Lilith Falcon?" She asked curiously,

"She's my mom" she gave me a suspicious look while staring at me up and down. Realizing what she was staring at was actually my skin color so I explained further more.

"I- ehm...I'm adopted"

"I see..." Mrs Clark nodded her head with a look that I couldn't read, it almost seemed like she had beef with my mother. But I wasn't going to ask her about it, so when she didn't say anything else I simply walked away from her and out of the room.

What was that? I should probably ask my mom about it, I wanna know the drama.

-

"She just called your name? Just like that?" Henry asked curiously, he didn't have class this afternoon so he was walking me to mine.

"She knows my mom apparently, but she doesn't seem to like her." Henry gasped and turned to look at me like I just said something forbidden.

"She doesn't like your mom?! How dare she?!" He looked hurt and disappointed in my professor. I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of my way.

"Everyone hates my mother Henry, she's a walking ticking bomb and a killing machine."

"A hot killing machine" I heard him mumbled, before he could make another comment about how attractive my mom was I walked inside the room and surprisingly it was very full. Almost all the seats were taken, but thankfully I found one at the front since the middle and back rows were all taken.

It was the shared subject, Performance Studies. I wonder what we're gonna learn.

The professor was already there talking on the phone, he glanced up at the class for a moment seeing that everyone was here and ready, so he hang up the phone and smiled.

"Hello everyone, I'm Howard and I'll be your professor for this semester." The man said with a welcoming smile,

"To make things clear for both majors, this subject is an interdisciplinary field. It can include artistic and aesthetic performances like concerts, theatrical events, and performance art, etcetera..." He started explaining the subject, which was making more sense why we'd share this class with art major.

"Performance studies draws from theories and methods of the performing arts, so for this semester, we will be combining between art and music..." I heard some of the students groan, everyone looked frustrated already. So not only we will study with them, but we'll have to work with them as well.

"Stop whining and listen...by the end of this semester, I want a mouth dropping masterpiece, a phenomenon, a unique art piece that is a mixture and a merge between art and music" Howard made his way and started looking under his desk then put a fish bowl on top of it.

"Everyone! write your name in a piece of paper and when I pass by, you put it in here. After we're finished, one by one you'll get up and pick a piece of paper, whoever you get will be your project partner for the semester."

Howard started walking around the big amphi and students threw the pieces of paper that contain their names, about five minutes everyone was done and the fish bowl was back on top of the professor's desk.

"Okay, let's start with the first row" a guy on the very far left of me stood up and made his way to the bowl, I counted how many people before it'll be my turn, just 4?

"What's your name sir?" Howard asked the guy while he was moving his hand inside the bowl.

"Ricardo" he said finally picking a paper,

"Okay Ricardo, who's your partner?"

"David Westenson?" The Ricardo guy called for his partner,

"Here!" I didn't bother to turn around to see who it was because I wasn't interested, I was more busy panicking that I had to get up and pick a paper while everyone was watching me.

Soon enough, it was my turn. Howard smiled and waved me to get up and come closer to his desk. I pushed my hair being my ear and stood up, I didn't want to look at anyone so I kept my head focused on the professor.

"And you are?" He asked, I put my hand inside the bowl and didn't even think about spinning it, I just wanted to get this over with so I picked the first piece of paper my fingers touched.

"Sam"

"Well Sam, who's going to be your project partner?" I slowly opened the small paper and tried to read the name, but my brain stopped, I read it again and I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

"Lola...Collins?" I mumbled,

"I didn't hear you Sam, speak up" I'm trying Mr Howard, but my brain didn't want to work, I was too surprised to even talk normally and you're asking me to speak louder.

"Lola Collins" I said a little louder this time,

"Is there a Lolla Collins here? Ms Collins?" Howard called, I looked up to search through the many unrecognizable faces, trying to get a glimpse of red hair but I didn't find it.

"Here"

At the very far back of the class, behind some guys, a person stood up. She was wearing a hat that hid her red hair and a black hoodie with the hood on.

"Ms Collins, can you please take off the hood and that hat so I can see your face" Howard asked, Chucky looked down for a second before pulling the hood back and taking the hat off showing her bright red hair.

"Alright, Sam you may go back to your seat." I slowly made my way to my seat with, what is she even doing here? What is this luck I have? What kind of witchcraft is this? Out of a hundred people I pick her?

"Everyone go sit next to your project partner, exchange informations, ideas because the work starts now"

**********************************************
Hello!

Muah

-S