XXI

i felt my eyes flutter open as i felt my shoulders being shaken by a figure i couldn't quite see yet. My vision still blurred i felt myself being pulled upright no longer laid down but sat up, though the sun was shining brightly with slight drops of rain still falling onto me, i was shivering, cold, too cold.

i felt something like a blanket or a jacket het wrapped around my arms, warming me up slightly though i was still shivering from the cold and i could barely see anything.

I felt someone pulling me up by my arms, my legs weak unable to stand as my knees buckled though the person holding me was strong, and talking to another, bringing me inside and holding me up by my arm around their neck before fetching me out of the hotel all together and into a car that looked somewhat like Lando's.

The two sat me in the front, one hopping into the drivers seat, and the other in the back. They were talking to each other very quickly though my ears couldn't pick up anything they were saying as i was still totally out of it.

The two drove a while, one telling directions as the other drove, my eyes started to adjust more turning from blurry to a little focus. I saw brown curly hair and tanned skin in the driver, i breathed in realising it was Lando. I didn't have the strength to turn and see who the other was, but i felt safe knowing who at least one of them was.

We reached their destination, myself still clueless, as i was delicately dragged from my seat, once again my arm around the neck of the other as Lando rushed in-front. I looked up seeing a sign on the place we were headed into, though it was in a foreign language and i was unable to make out what it had written on it.

We entered the building Lando holding the door, my eyes feeling faint again as they dozed off into a slumber.
———
when i awoke for the second time, i heard the sound of beeping in my ear, i tried to move but found myself hooked up to some wires, i saw myself layed on a bed, a bed which looked like on from a hospital, which was when i realised where i was.

I looked around, slightly panicked and confused, and saw a sleeping...Lando snoring lightly on the chair at the side of the room. I looked to the doorway and saw another figure, staring at his phone, his hair falling down covering his eyes, though he was anxiously biting his lip.

He looked up at me briefly before looking back to his phone, though i felt as though he waited for the realisation for my awakeness to settle in, before his eyes widened walking over to me quickly but not as if he were to make a scene.

As he did so, he knocked Lando's leg causing him to arise also, rushing to my other side, hugging me in relief, though i was still confused. "wh- what happened," i said my voice croaky, my hair absaloutly ruined as i felt it.

"Don't you remember," Lando asked, Oscar gulping  turning his head down, before taking a step away from the bed, though Lando too oblivious to notice the tension. I breathed a little harder than last time. "not really," i said scratching my head.

"well, you left me a voice mail last night and i hadn't seen you at the paddock at all, so i was worried," he said taking one of my hands as i listened intensely, looking at him my eyebrows upturned, worried. Oscar had sat in the seat Lando was originally sleeping in as Lando spoke. 

"I looked at your balcony and saw a glimpse of you layed on it, which was when i decided to call Oscar," he pointed over to him which he was still looking down playing with the ring on his finger, though i peered over to him remembering the moments leading up just not what happened during it.

"fortunately Oscar had a spare key card to your room, and we got in luckily just in time or you'd probably been like dead," he said i was almost taken aback by what he said. Why did oscar have a spare key cars to my room, i thought to myself. I looked back over to him and the events of last night begun to rush back to me.

"oh.." i said sitting back in the hospital bed. a doctor walked in, calling Lando outside for a moment to discuss something, leaving me and Oscar alone.

"oscar," i said quietly gaining his attention as he stood up walking over to the bed. "I- i didn't," i got out before a cough brewed in my throat which he looked slightly worried at as i sniffled my nose.

Suddenly i felt my body grow warm as Oscar leant in for an embrace, which i gladly took hugging him back, my body growing with warmth at his body on mine. "i didn't mean what i sa-," i tried to say before he cut me off. "shh, it's okay," he said still holding me within his embrace, before i saw Lando walk back in prepared to speak but stopped instantly as he saw the two of us.

I rolled my eyes at the gesture he did. Oscar finally let go, placing a small peck on my forehead before sitting back down. Lando right on cue walked back in pretending it was the first time. "the doctor said you're fine to leave, but you need to rest so, you can't come to the race tomorrow,"

I sighed slightly disappointed i couldn't go to the race tomorrow, and i bet Mclaren were more disappointed that their photographer wasn't going to be there and they'd have to get a new one, i sighed at the thought before getting up out of the bed, before being handed some clothes i'm guessing they took from my room to fetch.

I got dressed in the bathroom across from the hall, before i walked out, i saw Lando and Oscar speaking they looked kind of serious, but then i saw smirks creep onto eithers face as Lando playfully hit Oscar. It created a small smirk on my face as i walked back carefully as my legs were still weak.

Stumbling around, they looked to me, grasping me by the waist, Oscar held me up, supporting me as we walked out of the hospital and back to the car, driving to my hotel, it looked like it was getting dark outside indicating it was night, the thought of sleep made me yawn, tiredly as we approached my hotel room.

@ OscarPiastri
[via instagram stories]

————a/n from the beginning this is not how i planned it going 😭

————
a/n from the beginning this is not how i planned it going 😭

1159 words