XI

That night, i felt cold, colder than ever, it was just about to turn 11 and i was still tossing and turning trying to find a spot i was comfortable in. I huffed, frusturated, turning back to my phone, it's bright almost blinding me. I turned to instagram, replying to Oscars comment on my post i had made moments ago, due to my lack of being able to sleep.

I messaged him, [on instagram] unknowing of wether or not he was still awake.

hey oscar 😋

read at 23:08

hey gabi 😑

read at 23:09

can i have your number? ☺

read at 23:09

what for? 🤔

read at 23:10

because i want it 😗

read at 23:10

hm okay then 07* 🙄

read at 23:11

thanks 😋

read at 23:12

I sat scrolling through my camera roll trying to look for a photo i thought would be perfect for Oscars contact, making me more awake than i was previously. I stared at his number for a matter of moments, more specifically the face time button. I thought for a few seconds and then pressed it hesitantly, shifting myself under the covers so only half of my face was showing, if he picked up.

The phome rang a few times until the facetime connext noise sounded, making me smile as he popped up, his face glowing from the light of his phone within a sea of darkness.

"What Gabi?" he muttered, his voice slightly croaky, or maybe it was just the connection, i stuck my tounge out at him, and held the covers tightly just below my chin, before resting it on the side of the bedside table giving me full moveability. "i can't sleep," i said pouting my lips, as if to act salty about that fact, which a few minutes ago i was, but now i was pretty happy with the matter

"so you decided to call somebody who can," he said, sounding more uplifted and probably dramatic about the situation than i would've persumed and expected coming from him. i hummed to give him confirmation of the sitaution, and stared at my phone screen, as he shuffled into a sleeping position.
"So what now," i said lowering the brightness on my phone screen we it was still blinding me.
"You called me!" He said trying to whisper and shout at the same time, which was kind of hilarious to hear as it cut off slightly
"Let's go to sleep," i said, yawning from underneath the sheets, before sitting up slightly to put my hair up into a ponytail to make my sleep more enjoyable as the hair was suffocating me.
"I agree," he said sitting up slightly also and then waving as if to say goodbye, but unfortunately that's not what i meant. "wait, let's stay on call, and go to sleep," i said getting closer to the phone, bringing to duvet up so just my eyes, that were already starting to close, were peaking over the top.

"That's like weird though," he said rubbing one of his eyes, making it a little obvious he was dying from still being awake. "But it's fun," i said taking a hold of my phone again, so it was facing above me, before i realised i could hear a light snore on the other end, indicating he had fallen asleep. I placed my phone back to it's position on the side table next to the bed, jjust staring at it, though his face wasn't faceing it just the back of his neck, which i still admired, untill my eyes fluttered shut several moments after.

-----------

in the morning, i woke to a light whistle in my ear, which confused me massively, unless their was a burgeler in my hotel. I looked around until turning my head to the side of me, where i saw my phone, close to death, but still maintaining the same screen it had when i had fallen asleep, we were still on facetime, he hadn't bothered ending it when he woke, i thought to myself smirking a little.