Chapter Fourteen

Tabitha had said not to worry about where we would be staying because I owned a home in Los Angeles

Tabitha had said not to worry about where we would be staying because I owned a home in Los Angeles. And home wasn't the right word for it. As we round the front of it, I see there are even lit-up water fountains in the front of it. Since it was so early in the morning everything was lit up from the house, and a few posts on the outside. I couldn't explain how much I loved this place though. Two stories, colonial style, all white with black trims and accents. It was somehow classically old and modern at the same time. If I didn't still have that pull to my nest house, this would be it. Maybe if it was possible this would be a second nest house, one we visit often.

It was still blowing my mind that not only was I staying here, I owned this place. I could stay here whenever I wanted. And just that made me want to cry, because I had options, I could live almost anywhere I wanted in big fancy houses. There were even people here, more cooks and maids. Yes, Walter and Ester were with us still, they had left right after dinner to make sure everything else at this house was set for us. They didn't mention the other people here.

"I'll have someone gather all the packages you ordered and we'll have them sent en masse here or to the nest house." She's talking as we walk into the large open foyer room. White tile floors with lines of black, a black table in the middle of the large room with a black vase filled with white flowers. To the right is a staircase leading up to the second floor and the ceilings go up, and up. There's a beautiful chandler, beautiful art, and fresh flowers placed in vases. As we all spread out into the room I notice under the stairs a room just filled with bottles of wine. The past few days I had learned a love for the stuff, and I'll be visiting that room soon.

"Luna?" Bjorn says. When I look over to him he nods to Tabitha who gives me a raised brow.

"I was saying that we will have to be here for a minimum of two weeks. The company that makes the high-class RVs normally has a long waiting list, but they are willing to move us up. They will need time to get the amount we need and to make sure they have all the things we want included." Tabitha's hands go to her hips turning fully to me. "Would you like to discuss everything now or later?"

I purse my lips, there was more to discuss? We had told her about the Fae and the reason we were here. "Now means we'll be able to enjoy sunrise out by the pool I can see through the back windows."

"I'll find Walter," Vinny said before disappearing around a corner of the house.

"And we'll go sit in the living room while your things are brought in." She motions for me to follow, I do with Bjorn hot on my heels and a few others behind. She only slows to point down the left hall. "There is a guest room with a lot of privacy, maybe Rue would enjoy that room."

"I would." Rue says hugging her large bag to her she starts towards the hall. I wasn't sure if I wanted her so far, or the fact that might mean the other Queens would be closer to me. And no, I don't hate the other Queens, I just don't trust them yet, even with the bond we have.

"Last on the left dear." Tabitha said after her, then to me she says. "It has a nice-sized bathroom and is on the opposite side of the house from the master. She'll have her privacy but it's also right next to the office, where there are cameras in case something happens."

"Cameras?" I was mostly asking so I know where to avoid if I decide to have some fun with my Blood. Tabitha takes a seat at one of the pretty white and black chairs in the formal looking living room.

She gives me a knowing smile. "They are mostly facing the edges of the property, the office, and a few in parts of the house. Kitchen, garage, and here."

She points up to the corner of the ceiling and I don't think I'd ever pick it out. It looked like just an oddly placed ceiling light, not a camera. I take a seat in one of the chairs near Tabitha, the chairs are oddly comfortable even though they don't look like it. The armrests and legs are one chunk of black metal that forms a square on each side of the chairs. The couch matches with a navy blue and black pillow sitting on the clean white for a pop of color. The coffee table in the middle of all the chairs and couch looks like solid glass. I wouldn't say I hated the furniture, but like with the last house - it's nice, it's just not mine. Though the outside with the white and black theme is so fucking beautiful, maybe one day I'll switch out some of the extremely modern furniture for something more cozy.

"Anyway." Tabitha said crossing a leg over the other, folding her hands on her knee. "Two weeks minimum. Then I have someone who can get us in a meeting with a lawyer, that's set for Wednesday morning."

"I also have a friend that has some contacts here, you have options for a legal team," Jaxon adds.

"Yes, options are always good, especially when it comes to legal counsel." Tabitha nods her agreement. "I have waited to tell you this, but the nest house may take longer than we thought. There is a crack in the foundation and they found a lot of the old insulation was literally just old clothes and newspaper."

I frown at that, I knew it was a large project. I'm not sure what goes into fixing the foundation, but it sounds like something that would be hard to do on such a big house. Guessing I ask. "They would need to take out the floors and some of the walls?"

She nods. "They suggested that they take out everything. They would just keep the structure of the building, that way they can replace anything that may be too old to keep. Though, if they gut the house you can completely customize it."

We were planning on taking out almost everything anyway because all the plumbing and electrical was old enough that it needed replacing. "Bring the blueprints out later, we'll go over them again."

"We can do that." Tabitha nods and then moves on to her next issue. "About Rue, Agatha and I have found her fake paperwork, it's basically paperwork stating Elizabeth was her mother. I can have that changed over to you in legal channels so she would be yours fully."

"Yes please do that."

"Alright, do you wish to change her name while I'm there?" Tabitha asks. And I consider it.

"Keep her first name, if she wants to change it in the future I'll allow it. Give her my last name, Morningstar-Tyet." When I said it, it was like a pin could be dropped and it would ring out. Tabitha's mouth just opens, unsure what to say and all of my Blood had frozen in place.

"My Queen, your last name.."

I hold my hand up to cut off Bjorn, already guessing his line of thinking. "No, I said I would be her guardian, her parental figure. If she's going to be my kid, she is going to be my kid. She'll get the name, she'll be treated like mine. She might not be a vampire but from her attitude and sassiness that she's been showing lately, I can see her being a strong shifter in the future. Whatever that means for her later in life."

"She is strong, at least mentally." Tank agrees. "If you want, we can help her train in fighting, or just building up strength."

"If she wants to, when she gains more weight."

Tabitha's smile is small, but it looks like she's holding back. I didn't need to look behind me to feel Bjorn's frown, he didn't agree with this change, but Tabitha did. It was good enough for me.

"Is that all?" I ask Tabitha.

She gives me a nod. "For now."

I smile at her and then turn to Nathan, who had my phone again. "What time is sunrise?"