Chapter Seventeen

"No." It comes out of Alexis's mouth as another snarled word. His eyes jump to Tank, back to Rue then to me. "Three days."

Our 'constructive conversation' wasn't very much. Tabitha and I had tried to talk about why we had wanted to hire lawyers, to begin with. Once we said it was to get an Amina out of jail, they had refused. Then they had switched the conversation back to Rue and added in Tank. There was some rule about shifters and wolves announcing that they were in pack territory. Something Tank hadn't mentioned. They were giving Rue and Tank three days to show up to the pack house, and no, most of my Blood wasn't welcome. I could feel Bjorn's emotions and he felt like a raging storm on the inside.

I watch the shifters leave, once they are past the doors I ask Tank. "Who can go with you."

"No." Bjorn tries to shut this down.

Tank like always ignores him. "I'd be expected to go alone because I have no packmates. Rue is a minor so her parents or legal guardians can accompany her."

Looking over to Tabitha I ask. "Is the paperwork ready to go through?"

"NO!" There's a loud boom as the table shakes, making half the people sitting jump and the glass water pitcher threatens to tip. I slowly look over to Bjorn who is staring at me, clearly very mad, he repeats himself in a slightly calmer tone. "No."

"I would just need to send in the paperwork." Tabitha's voice is slow, especially when Bjorn's head snaps up to stare her down next. She doesn't give up though, have I mentioned how much I really liked Tabitha? "There is a way for Bjorn to go with you."

"And what is that?" I ask her, I think Bjorn's head is going to blow any minute now.

"If we send in a marriage certificate first, we can add his name to Rue's paperwork before I send it in." Both mine and Bjorn's mouths drop open, and I turn my head to stare at her too.

"A wedding?" Nathan asks from the end of the table.

"We wouldn't have time to plan a wedding." Sarah said, I assume talking more to him than me or Bjorn. "They can get legally married and have the ceremony when we are ready."