Chapter Twenty-Six

Three days pass

Three days pass. Three days filled with planning, conversations, good food, and watching movies with my family. And that's what my Blood and everyone has become. Family.

Right now my family was split into two. Bjorn, Tank, Caine, Rue, and I were in the car, well Caine was a hitchhiker on my arm so he wasn't really adding to the nervous energy in the car. Most of that energy was coming from Rue, who's sat so close next to me that she was plastered to my side much like Bjorn on my other side. Tank had asked to drive us, I think it was because he needed something to focus on. He and Rue were each a bundle of nerves wound up tight. If I couldn't feel Bjorn's emotions I would think he was calm and collected, he wasn't. He was just as nervous as the others.

I didn't feel as nervous as I thought I should. Honestly, most of my nerves came from feeling their nerves. Ever since I've changed, I've felt less nervous, and less scared. It was a good thing, at least I keep telling myself that. I just tried not to be cocky about it, because that's when you get seriously hurt. It always happens in movies and TV, the hero gets too cocky and thinks they're invincible then bam, something happens to bring them back down to earth.

I couldn't let that be me, but I also didn't want to have a panic attack.

Bjorn's hand squeezes mine, making me try to think of something to take his mind off of this meeting. Even if it's only for a few minutes. A question pops into my mind, something I've been meaning to ask for a while. "You said there were things, what were they called, Thralls?"

"Blood that have lost their Queens and then their minds," Bjorn said.

"You also said they would find us and be a threat, I haven't seen any." That came out a little too accusatory sounding and I cringe at myself. "I mean, I just expected to see them sooner if they were a big threat."

Bjorn nods, his fingers threading through mine. "They are a large threat. If we had stayed in Chicago much longer we would have probably seen a few of them."

"And we haven't been here long enough?" I ask.

"No." Bjorn shakes his head, "not just that. LA is filled with other supernaturals, all of which would love to kill a Thrall. Here we are safe, if one was spotted it would be dead within a day."