{Demon In The Diver Seat~Ch 13}

[Pov: Y/n]

"Father...What are you doing here, last I checked you were in Italy"

"Well I'm back now, aren't you happy to see your father?"

I glare at the man in front of me "Never"

My father's face turn into one of anger "You ungrateful child!" My father raises his hand. My heart races as I stare defiantly at my father. The air feels heavy with tension, and I can see the anger in his eyes. Despite my fear, I stand my ground, refusing to show any sign of weakness.

"I'm not a child anymore," I retort, my voice steady but tinged with bitterness. "And after all these years, you expect me to welcome you with open arms?"

My father's hand hovers in the air for a moment, and then he slowly lowers it, his anger grows by the second. He then raises his hand again and slaps me.

The force of the slap sends a sharp sting across my cheek, and I stumble back a step, caught off guard by the sudden violence. My hand instinctively reaches up to touch the burning skin. Anger, humiliation, and hurt surge within me, but I hold back tears, refusing to give my father the satisfaction of seeing me break.

I glare at him, my jaw clenched, as I feel a mixture of emotions swirling inside me. The years of absence, the abandonment, and the pain he caused all come rushing back. 

But in that moment, as I stand there with my face throbbing, I find a newfound strength within me. I straighten my posture, looking directly into his eyes, determined not to let him control me any longer.

My father becomes red in the face, becoming even angrier then possible once he doesn't get the reaction he wants.

Once again he raises his hand to slap me again. I close my eye, waiting for it, but it never comes.

I open my eyes to find Asch standing in front of me, holding onto my father's wrist. I then feel someone pull me close to their chest. I look over my shoulder to fine Leif holding me protectively.

Asch's presence is unexpected, and the sight of him holding my father's wrist fills me with a mix of surprise and relief. Leif's protective embrace brings a sense of comfort, and I find myself grateful for the support of these two people who care about me.

"Enough," Asch's voice is firm, his grip on my father's wrist unyielding. "You've done enough damage."

My father struggles against Asch's hold, his face contorted in rage. "Get your hands off me! This is none of your business!"

Leif's arms around me tighten, as if shielding me from any further harm. He doesn't say anything, but his presence speaks volumes, a silent declaration that he won't let anyone hurt me.

"You made it our business when you chose to hurt Lady Y/n" Asch's tone is cold and unwavering. "You need to leave."

My father's anger seems to diminish slightly as he realizes he's outnumbered and outmatched. He finally stops struggling against Asch's grip, his chest heaving with heavy breaths. After a tense moment, he wrenches his wrist free from Asch's hold and takes a step back.

"This isn't over," he spits out, his voice dripping with bitterness. With one last glare in my direction, he turns and storms out of the mall.

"Are you alright?" Leif asks gently.

I nod, my throat tight with unspoken emotions. Leif releases me from his embrace, but his presence remains steady at my side.

"Thank you," I manage to say, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Who was that?" Asch asks.

"...My father" I say and the two look at me in shock "Your father.."

Asch and Leif exchange a glance, their expressions a mix of surprise and concern.

"Ah why don't we go find the other two" I say, trying to change the topic.

<><><><><><><>

After getting the ingredients we need from the store, we all head back outside.

"We need to get back to the apartment now! My patience has run dry"

"Ava is probably dead by now"

"Oh don't be stupid. She ain't dead"

"We need to abide by the human conduct, walking is the preferred method and—"

"What about that" Leif says, point at a red car.

"Hold up we are not going to steal someone's car"

"Leif obtained one" "On it"

"Wait—"

.

.

.

Leif pulls the door right off the car and the Daemos all get into the car. I look around before deciding to get in the car as well.

"I can't believe we're doing this.." I sigh.

"What is this?" Pierce asks "It seems to be a carriage"

"But where are the Minotaur's to pull it?"

"Allow me to inspect it"

I sigh, we are definitely going to crash.

.

.

.

.

We crashed the car.

"What was that?!"

"W-What did we do?!"

"Uh.."

"We seem to draw attention"

"Resort to Daemos methods of transport" "But you said—"

"Now!"

With that being said, Leif puts his arms around my waist and teleports us back to the apartment.

"Oh I didn't even hear you guys come in!" Mrs Oates says as we appeared in the kitchen with her.

"We were quiet"

"Oh how considerate, but you don't have to be quiet anymore. Ava's awake"

"She is!?" We all say in surprise.

"Out of my way!" I shout while pushing the boys aside and head into Ava's room.

"Ava!" I walk over to her side "How are you feeling girl?"

"I'm feeling better now thanks"

"That's good—" I cut myself off with a yawn.

"You seem tried, you should head to bed Y/n"

"Probably, but I needed to know that you were alright first" I smile.

*

*

*

*

End of Chapter 13

(900 words)

:D