{The Date Begins!~Ch 7}

[Pov: Y/n]

Today I decided to go to the library to try and find more information about Daemos. I walk up to the front desk and I am greeted by the librarian.

"Welcome back Y/n dear"

"Hello there" I greet the librarian as I pass. I walk to the back of the library to the fantasy section.

I look around to check if anybody is around.

"Oh witch's eye, please guide me" I say and one of the bookshelves open to reveal a small room filled with special books for witch's.

As I step into the hidden room and the bookshelf closes behind me. I find myself surrounded by shelves of ancient and mystical tomes. The room is dimly lit, and the air feels charged with magical energy. Dust particles float in the air, catching the light from a single glowing orb hanging from the ceiling.

I notice that the books on these shelves are not like the ones someone would typically find in the library. They seem older and more peculiar, some bound in leather with faded symbols etched into their covers. It's clear that these are no ordinary books.

As I begin to peruse the titles, one catches my eye.

"The Chronicles of Daemos."

It seems like the perfect source of information I was hoping to find. As I reach out to grab it, the book seems to resonate with a faint pulse of energy, almost as if it's reacting to my presence.

I open the book gently, and the pages seem to come alive with ancient text and illustrations. The story of Daemos unfolds before my eyes, recounting tales of a mysterious and powerful being from a distant realm.

The person who wrote this book was a human who apparently lived on Daemos and was able to escape to Earth.

As I read the book, I find hidden truth about Daemos. Daemos would kill humans for their souls as a source of power.

"So that's why they came to Earth" I mumble, closing the book in my hand "They lied to us.."

I don't know what exactly their plan is but I must be careful around them.

.

.

.

After visiting the library I decided to take the book with me to read more of it. I arrived back the apartment to see Ava and Ava's dads, who are knocked out in front of our door.

"Uh Ava....what's going on?" I ask.

"Oh thank god you're back Y/n!" Ava then goes on to explain what happened. She then grabs my hand and drags me inside.

After a few seconds, Ava opens the door again, but not before telling the Daemos to hide.

"Oh my god dad, pop, you guys okay!"

Ava nudges me, trying to get me to play along.

"Oh..uh yeah you guys sure took quite the hit"

"Ava..and Y/n?"

"*gasp* Pumpkin are you alright and Y/n when did you get here"

"Heh I should be asking if you guys are alright haha, I accidentally hit you guys with the door because I wasn't expecting you guys"

"You..You're lying about something"

"Huh?"

"I'm you father, I know when you're lying...Wait those boys!"

"That's right!"

Ava's dads run into the apartment looking around "Where are they I'll—"

"Huh?" Devon looks around, not seeing anyone.

"Heh...what are you guys talking about.."

"Ava..." Noi says, peaking up from behind the couch.

"I knew it!"

"Who are you?" Andrew asks.

"Dad, Pop this is..my..uh"

"IM HER BOYFRIEND!"

"I'm sorry...her what"

"Yeah I'm out" I say before retreating to my room "Good luck Ava!" I close my door.

As I'm in my room I can still her Ava and her dads talking. Soon Ava comes banging on my door before opening it herself.

"Alright Y/n my dads are taking me and Noi out and you have to come!"

"Huh why do I have to come along?"

"Cause I'm going to lose my mind if you don't come!" Ava grabs my hand, dragging me out of my room "So let's go!" She says.

*

*

*

*

End of Chapter 7

(635 words)

Sorry for the short chapter :p