Let's be honest. Alyas the best

I have no excuse.... sryyyyyyyyyyyyy. I guess I lost focus of writing for a while. But I'm back! Hopefully won't disappear again!

Marinettes POV

Chat turned and bolted away from me like I was something vile he couldn't stand to be near. I was too stunned to do anything but watch. 

"Chat-" He disappeared behind a building and I just blinked. He left. He left me here standing by myself. 

I felt something salty touch my lips. I hadn't realized I was still crying. 

"Tikki."

"I know Marinette."

"Tikki he left. I-" I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked around, focusing my eyes on my flying friend. "I don't know what to do." Tikki stared at me with sorrow. 

"Go home. Go home and call Alya. Ask her to come over and keep you company." I blinked back the tears in my eyes and nodded. A plan. Yes, it was good to have a plan.

"Tikki spots on," I whispered. I flung my YoYo but instead of going home, I went to her. I transformed into an alley and paused to look at the dark corners. 'It's not the time to panic. Or breakdown. I'll do that when I'm with Alya.' 

I quickly stride out and into her apartment. I take the stairs and take a deep breath outside her door. I knock on the door and look down. 

The door opens and Miss Cesair is standing there. "Marinette?" I smile weakly. "Hi," Alya's mom stared at me for a moment.

She shouted over her shoulder "ALYA YOU MIGHT WANT TO COME HERE FOR A SECOND!" then faced me again. "Why don't you come in sweetie?" I nodded and followed her in. Alya was walking out of her room. 

Her hair looked a little messy. Weird

She connected her eyes with me and gasped. "Mari!" Alya hurried over and hugged me tightly. "Can I stay with you Als? I don't want to be alone right now." 

"Of course!" She walked me down her hallway with her around my shoulders comfortingly. She guided me into her room and I glanced around. 

Nino 

Ninos here. 

Oh. That explains the hair. 

"Nino you got to go." She picked him up by his arm and shooed him out. "Sorry love but Marinette takes priority" Then she pushed him out the door and shut it. The word love just cracked my heart more. 

"I didn't mean to bother you guys." my voice sounded like a croak and I tried to clear my throat. 

"Marinette you are my best friend and clearly in pain. You obviously get the top spot right now." I collapsed onto her bed and curled into a ball. 

"What happened girl? You were so excited about tonight. You looked beautiful on tv not to mention happy."

"Chat and I-" I paused trying to figure out how best to explain this. "We had a fight. Alya, I don't think we're together anymore." A sob escaped my lips at the full force of my statement. Alya stood there stunned. 

"No that's not possible! You guys were perfect! He was the perfect guy for you!" Alya began pacing around the room. 

"Ya, he was." I sniffled and looked away. "But I wasn't the perfect girl for him." "That's such BULLSHIT! If he didn't see how amazing you are then maybe he isn't the person I thought he was" 

She was wrong. He was the hero everyone thought he was. I was the one who wasn't who they said they were. I was the faker. The liar. The traitor. 

"Alya?" She stopped ranting and looked at me. "I'm ladybug." I expected more screaming and yelling. More hateful words. But instead, she let out a little 'oh' sat beside me, and gave me the tightest hug I've ever received. 

"It's gonna be ok." I hugged her as tight as I could and let all the pain I'd been holding back onto the shoulder of my best friend. 

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-TIME SKIP _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I shouted and yelled. There was no way they were going to get away with this. 

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!"

"MAKE ME!" I ground my teeth to keep the smile off my face. This was a severe topic after all. 

"Superman is NOT better than Batman!" Alya laughed incredulously. "He sooooo is! He can fly. He's super strong and he is a hero for good!" I threw my hands up in exasperation. 

"Alya Batman is a ninja! Has cool weapons and doesn't have to rely on some stingy "Super Powers" to fight. He does it through his own strength and reliance. He also doesn't have a dome weakness like Kryptonite!" 

Alya sighed dramatically and used a big hand flourish and shoved an open palmed hand in my face. 

"Girl talk to the hand." We both paused, looked at each other, and burst out laughing. I was seated on her floor with a bowl of (now empty bowl I should add) ice cream in a pair of borrowed pajamas. This whole argument started when we discussed what to watch. 

"Ok, how about all superhero movies are out," Alya said through a laugh. 

"I agree." We sat there discussing options until we eventually settled on Bride Wars. Toward the end of the movie, I began to fall asleep. My head rested in Alya's lap as I watched the couple get married and start to live their happily ever after I couldn't help reminiscing over the last couple of months. 

How many times had I hoped for a wedding? How many times had I taken for granted the little kisses shared between me and Chat? The jokes and the cuddles. The tears and the laughs. 

I could feel my eyes well up and I curled into a ball as I let the exhaustion of the day finally set in.  I vaguely heard Alya whisper my name but by the time I was able to process it, I was already lost to the world of sleep. The world of nightmares.   

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-TIME SKIP _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Do you want me to drive you home?" I nodded emphatically. "Yes, please Miss Cesair that would be amazing." Alya's mom knew all about the midnight er- incident that happened a little while back. 

"I have to get ready for my date with Nino are you gonna be ok by yourself? If not I will cancel." I gave Alya a soft smile. She really was the best. 

"It's ok Als. Go spend time with your boyfriend." I grabbed my dress and carefully draped it over my arm as I followed Alya's mom. It was quiet the whole way home. I think she understood that I didn't want to talk. 

She pulled in front of my parent's bakery and as I got out I heard her call my name. I looked over my shoulder and at Miss Ceasair. 

"I don't know what's going on, and I don't need to know. But our house is ALWAYS open and Alya will always be free from responsibility from me if you need her ok?" I nodded and shut the door. I took a deep breath and walked into my parent's bakery.