A moment with Alya

Ok, @MlbFanficReader you have me laughing so hard with your comments! I absolutely love them all! Thanks so much! It's gonna be a little short because it's just the two being funny but I felt like it was needed. 

"Alya help!" I cried into the phone as I rushed about my room! Trying desperately to find something to wear. "Ok girl chill! I'm on my way over and I'm bringing everything!" 

"Thank you thank you THANK YOU!" after that I hung up. I looked through my closet for the thousandth time and gave up.  

"Tikki I have nothing! Nothing!" I flopped onto my chaise and screamed into the pillow.

"Marinette why don't you finish that dress you started a while back? It was almost done."

"Ohh OH Tikki your right!" I bolted to my closet and dug my sewing machine out along with my manikin and the dress. I set the dress up on the body shape and began adding pins and checking measurements. I ran back to the closet and grabbed my sketchbook and tools of fabric.  

I flipped to the old page design with all the details and sat there studying it, making sure it was committed to memory. I nodded then shot to my feet and dragged the pink fabric over and began working. 

The sound of the sewing machine was like music to my ears. 'Oh god how I've missed this. The meticulous and careful movements felt so... freeing'  After maybe 20 minutes Alya came into my room along with my mom. 

"Hey, girl! What are you doing?" "I didn't have a nice enough dress for the annual Bourgeois Gala so I decided to make oneeeeeee..." I drew the last word out as I focused harder on what I was doing. 

"It's nice to see you sewing again," Sabine said coming over to admire the dress. "Thanks, mom, it feels nice"

"I still can't believe you get to go! Only the high-end people of Paris and the United States get to attend this!" "Dating a superhero definitely has its perks." My mind drifted back to that one time I was swarmed by reporters and one asked if I got special privileges. 

'Huh guess I do'  One also asked if I had sex with him. Not yet. Maybe someday. I quickly shoved that thought out of my mind but my cheeks still burned red. 

"Gosh Mari that looks beautiful!" Alya gushed as she came over to look at my creation. The dress was a long pale pink. It looked as though a flower was flowing down around me. Its tight bodice compliments my curves with a pink ribbon to go in my hair.

"The dress is almost done, once I finish can you do my hair and makeup?" Of course, I can do makeup. But I'm more versed in covering things up and making them look natural. I also just wanted to spend time with my best friend.  

"Of course no worries!" Alya plopped her giant box beside me and opened it. There were so much makeup and hair products! How?!?

"Ok so fill me in on the scavenger hunt!" 

"Well, I woke up and found a sticky note stuck on my forehead and rose pedals going up onto my balcony."

"Damn Nino needs to take notes!" Alya interrupts. I just giggle and continue talking. 

"On the sticky note was the first clue telling me to go up on the balcony. So of course, I follow them up onto my balcony where I find the next clue."

"Do you still have all the clues?" 

"Of course I do!" 

"Can I read them?"

"Sure!" I hand her the box of clues I got as I continued to recount the story. I fudged the details of how I got to the tower. But other than that I stayed to what happened. Alya sat there swooning and interrupting.