Sick?

Ladybugs POV

The ringing in my ears was deafening. I couldn't hear, see, or speak. 'Am I dead? Is this finally it? Do I finally get a rest from this world?'  The ringing began to quiet and I heard voices. "She's responding! Get her into the ambulance." 'Ambulance? Why is there an ambulance?'  "I'm coming!" 'Was that Chat?'  I forced my eyes to open and they slowly responded. I saw a paramedic over top of me as I was moved towards a truck. "Wait-" My voice was hoarse and unrecognizable. "Shes awake!" The doctor called then looked down at me. "Hi do you know your name?" 

"Ya its Mari-" "LADYBUG!" Chat was suddenly by my side, his relieved eyes scouring my body for injuries then coming back to my face. 'Ladybug? Right I'm still in uniform' I weakly smiled when I saw him. I could already feel Tikki working her magic to get me back on my feet.  'Shes gonna need food soon'  "Where am I going?" 

"There taking you to the hospital." 'The hospital?! No no no no no!!!'  "No!" I cried. I quickly sat up and ripped the air mask off my face. "Im fine!" My hoarse voice wasn't very convincing but there was nothing to be done because I quickly hopped off the bed and grabbed my yo-yo from beside it. 

I stumbled and almost fell but Chat caught me. "M'lady you need medical atten-" To late. I flung my yo yo and Swung away. "M'LADY WAIT!" I took the long way home so Chat wouldn't be able to follow me. I finally reached my house and collapsed into my room. 

"Tikki spots off" I croaked weakly. My body was so exhausted and weak but I knew I needed a shower. As my body ached and my cheek throbbed, I hauled my body across my room and into my bathroom.  Tikki followed me as she tried to help me. "Tikki lay out some-" Coughs wracked my body and I collapsed to the floor as they desperately tried to rein in some air.  I coughed some blood onto the floor as my lungs finally regained control. 

"Marinette are you ok?!" I smiled weakly at my kwami and nodded. "Lay out some pajamas and then go get food to eat ok?" Tikki nodded solemnly and rushed out of the bathroom and shut the door. I grabbed the the counter beside me and used the leverage it gave me to lift my body off the floor. I slowly stripped out of my old clothes and turned to shower on. 

I painfully made my way through the steps of taking the shower. 'Wash body: Check. Shampoo Hair: Check. ow that hurt my cheek! Conditioner in hair: Check. Blood in drain from coughing uncontrollably: Check'  I stumbled out of the shower and dried my aching body. I quickly put correct X on my cheek and put an extra large band aid over top. 

It was about 1 am when I finished and I collapsed into my bed and as my eyes drifted shut I remembered that I hadn't used my Miraculous Ladybugs to fix the mess of the fire.

I awoke that morning to my body aching. When I swallowed it felt as though daggers were stabbing my throat. I quickly got up and got ready for school. I looked at my cheek and saw that it was scabbed over. I expertly did my makeup to cover the injury. (She has a lot of practice) As I put on my black track suit my mind flashed back to the nightmares I had last night. 

I grabbed my head as I tried to bury the images. I stumbled down the stairs and made a quick nod to my parents as I rushed out the door.  I arrived ten minutes early and I saw Alya and Nino sitting on the stairs chatting. I tried to walk normally up to them but I wasn't fooling anyone. 

Switching to Third

"Girl are you ok?!" Alya inquired as she rushed over to her best friend. "Ya, I think I caught a cold though." Marinette hoarse voice rasped out. "Dude you sound terrible. If your that sick you shouldn't be here." 

"I don't want to take anymore sick days. Summers right around the corner and I haven't caught up on my necessary work to be able to graduate!" Alya and Nino stood there contemplating. After a minute Alya sighed in resignation "Fine but if you get worse I'm telling Chat... Speaking of Chat where he been?"