The Gala

"Would the mademoiselle and Mr. Noir like a front table?" Inquired the usher as he bowed to us. Chat sent me a quick glance and I slightly shook my head. "No sir but thank you. Are we able to choose our own seats?" Chat replied graciously. 

"For such a prestigious guest of course! Would you like me to save a seat next to you for the lovely Ladybug?"

"That would be great thank you!" I felt a twinge of guilt at hearing my alter ego's name but pushed it away. The usher nodded and Chat guided me into the ballroom. Whispers immediately exploded. Luckily for us, these people were too well-behaved and self-absorbed to swarm us like helicopters swarming an alien in area 51.  

That didn't stop them from whispering though. I ducked my head in embarrassment but Chat used his hand to lift my chin. "Don't bow your head you look incredible." his words echoed his sentiment from earlier that day. 

EARLIER 

The door opened to reveal Chat in a tailored black suit. A green tie lay crooked on his chest. In his suit pocket lay a pink hanker-chief, the same color as my dress. 'How did he do that?'  Black gloves extended up into the sleeves of his suit and a mask covered his face. The light of the hallway glinted off his carefully musked hair.  His eyes sparkled like beautiful emeralds finely polished. 

'He must have gone to Master Fu and gotten a formal wear power-up.'

"Come in Chat!" Tom bellowed exuberantly. Chat stepped in but he never took his eyes off me. I shifted uncomfortably under his constant stare and looked around for Alya. 'Where is that girl'

That girl stood beside my mother as she smirked watching me squirm. I looked tentatively back at Chat and found his eyes roaming up my body. He opened his mouth to say something then closed it again. 

I looked away from him and held myself. "I'm sorry if it's not good enough. I don't have the money to afford a designer dress. I also didn't have time to create a completely new one, so I just finished one I had previously started. I could just not go or I could-" Hands on my shoulders cut me off and I whipped my head around to meet Chat's intoxicating eyes.  

"You look incredible. Beyond incredible! Don't bow your head! There are literally no words to describe the amount of beauty coming off you." I giggled and stood on my tip toes and pecked his lips. 

"Thanks, kitten." My mom then hooked her arm around Chat and dragged him away. 

"Who tied this tie?!" She exclaimed. "I did?" She sighed and undid it. Then she carefully but efficiently re-tied it perfectly straight on his chest. Then ran her hands very precisely through his hair somehow mussing it even more stylishly. 

"There. Much better." he blinked at her a small smile gracing his perfect lips. "I forgot how it felt to have a mother." My mother's eyes clouded over slightly and pulled Chat into her tight embrace. 

"Sweetheart you will always find a mother in this house. Whenever you need it and even when you don't" Chat paused then buried his head into Sabine's shoulder and squeezed her tighter. 

BACK TO PRESENT 

"I'm so excited for you to meet Ladybug! I'm sure you guys will like each other. You have a ton in common!" 

"I'm sure we do. Let's pick a table near the side wall." Chat nodded as he continued to chatter excitedly. We found a table to sit at and I opened a brochure about the night. 

"Ok, so it seems like we start with appetizers and mingling then we dance for a while then dinner with a special announcement then dessert and wine."