Official Date

"Nothing" I muttered as I turned away with my arms crossed. Chat scoffed and turned away angrily. "You know what Chat why don't you just leave? If you're only hear to glare and yell at me then I want none of it" Of course this was a lie. Even angry his presence made me feel better. 

"I'm not here to yell at you Marinette." "Oh really." an incredulous laugh escaped my lips as I turned back to face him. "Could've fooled me" 

"Listen Mari I don't give a damn about how mad you are at me. I'm not leaving until I know you're completely better. If your this mad an Akuma could come for you I ain't letting that happen." Another laugh escaped my lips. 'I think I'm going crazy '

"Like that would happen. When's the last time someone was akumatized?" 

Silence 

I turned away from him again "Chat I'm fine and I won't be akumatized so just leave"

"Look me in the eyes then." "What?" "Ask me to leave while looking me in the eyes."

...

I couldn't. "Chat?"

"What my love" 'My love? He still loves me?'  "Do you want to break up with me?"

"WHAT OF COURSE NOT! WHERE'D YOU GET THAT STUPID IDEA?"

"I-You just been gone and- your mad at me... I just thought.." I again turned my back on him fighting back tears. I heard a sigh then arms snaked around my waist. 

"I'm sorry princess. I'm only mad because you haven't been taking care of yourself. You're still skinny as a piece of paper. You're coughing up blood and sound so hoarse. I just- I just need you to be ok. I haven't been around because ...I had a family emergency." I heard him hesitate but put it off as him protecting his identity. 

"I'm sorry," I whispered quietly. Chat nuzzled his face into my neck and softly replied.

"It's not your fault." We stood there like that for a while. Chats arms around my waist and his face in the crook of my neck. Eventually, I turned around and hugged him tightly. He slightly began lifting me and I took the hint and jumped up wrapping my legs around him. 

He carried me upstairs to my room and lay me on the chaise. He ran to my closet grabbing some of the comfy clothes I kept in stock. soon after my bathroom door closed a flash of green emanated from under the door. 

I wanted to wait for him to come back but my eyes were already drifting shut. Exhaustion and sore pain emanated throughout me and all I wanted was sleep. The door creaked open and he walked over to me. 

"Mari why is there disinfectants and stage makeup out?"  I only hummed in response too tired to actually care what he was asking. He sighed then lifted me up and carried me to my bed. He gently laid me down and brought the covers over me. 

I heard him begin to get up and I grabbed his soft hand. "Don't leave," I muttered yanking him down. He flopped down beside me and resigned himself to his fate. I cuddled close to him and quickly fell asleep in the arms of my beloved. 

Flashes of sound! 

Burning blazes! 

Cries of help!

There was so much chaos. Nothing made sense. I couldn't breathe! I was choking! I was drowning! I was falling!

My body jerked awake as a gasp escaped my lips. Chat was cuddled into me sound asleep. My breathing was heavy and I looked around. I was having trouble getting air into my lungs as I suppress a cough. I couldn't move. There was a cat on me!

Everyone knows that when a cat is asleep on you it is a cardinal sin to move and wake it up. Unfortunately, my lungs didn't get that memo. I began coughing and hacking. Chat's head bolted up as I doubled over to try and get air into my lungs. 

He acted quickly. Chat lifted me up and brought me to the trap door. As he maneuvered down the stairs he suddenly froze.  I looked up to see both my stunned parents sitting at the table. 

"What happened?" Sabine cried as she rushed over. "Don't worry Sabine. She just has a sore throat and a mild case of croup." Ooooh, good cover story.  Wait he doesn't know about me and the fire.  So not a cover story?  

"Could you work on making her a simple but healthy broth while I get her coughing back under control?" He asked politely. I was really trying not to cough but It was just making it worse.  He calmly walked over to the freezer and set me on my feet. 

"You work on breathing that in while I start the shower water." I sent him a thumbs up as I opened the freezer and tried to get a full deep breath. I could feel my parent's eyes on me as Chat walked back over and guided me through the motions. 

Back and forth. 

Back and forth. 

Back and forth  

Until the soup was ready.  My mother placed a bowl of broth in front of me as I sat at the table.  I stirred my spoon through the soup. Chat sat down beside me and rubbed my back. "Eat... please" His voice was begging and tore into m heart.

I ate

We all say on the couch watching Monk together. I was cuddled contentedly into Chat. My parents were lying together on the long part of the couch and Plagg was sleeping atop my head, curled into a small ball. Chat is analyzing the episode. He was smart. He was quick to figure out clues and solve the murders. I guess he has some experience in this department.  

I tend to dumb myself down when watching the show so my parents can enjoy it and so I don't look suspicious.  I have to admit that some of the details weren't accurate but the show was enjoyable. (This show is a 10/10! It's Monk on amazon prime. It's a comedic murder show)

I felt bad for not being able to involve Tikki in family time. She and Plagg may fight but they were also a yin and yang. Neither could live without the other. They loved spending time together and honestly I smell a blooming romance. Plikki for the win! 

I breathed in Chat's scent and cuddled in closer. His intoxicating smell began to lull me to sleep. Those weeks of no sleep were catching up to me.  I heard chat's voice from a distance say he was going to take me upstairs to bed. My body was lifted up into the air and carried peacefully away.

I was welcomed into the soft embrace of my blankets but my warm kitty began to leave. I grabbed his tail. 

"Please stay with me tonight. I need you." He paused and then lay beside me. I immediately wrapped myself around him and buried my face into his neck. His smell comforted me. His warmth hugged me. His breathing pulled me to the embrace of sweet sleep.   

(If anyone can remember what day of the week it is in this story PLS let me know!)

I awoke to a sticky note on my forehead and a trail of rose petals leading off my bed and onto my balcony. I pulled the note off and read it.

"Morning my queen! 

Here's a surprise! 

Follow the petals so you can see the skies!"

Not the best poem I've ever read but he's trying.

"I wish I could've helped his rhyme," Tikki said flying up to me. I laughed and nodded. "I think it would have definitely been helpful. But I understand what he wants me to do so." I opened my balcony door and climbed up, Tikki right behind me.  

I followed the petals to a bouquet of roses with a card inside.

"Welcome to an official date! 

But your next clue will have to wait. 

Eat some breakfast then ask your parents 

For the pretty awesome present." 

Oh gosh this will be interesting