Chapter Thirteen -A Demon Named Dean.

Cas (POV)

Dean kept disappearing, I hadn't seen him in a good week. Recently I had gone to the garage to get my car fixed because I was sick of walking everywhere and I could have sworn I saw him searching through a long black car, which clearly wasn't his as it was a Chevy impala which I presumed was way to classy for his taste.

I watched him for a little while as he searched through the glove box and then opened up the boot that appeared to have weapons of some kind in there. However he shut the boot angrily and turned my way so I quickly hid behind a brick wall. When I looked over at the car again, the demon was gone.

I bit my mouth and shook my head, turning to walk back to the garage but jumped out of my skin when I saw Dean standing right behind me.

"Where you spying on me angel?" He smirks and I quickly shake my head and lean my back against the wall as a way to try and keep my distance from him. "I think you were."

"No no, not at all. I'm just here because my car needs fixing, that's all. I just happened to see you and didn't want to approach you because you looked angry." I mutter out quickly, stumbling over my words.

"Angry? Well sure I was angry. That tall ass motherfucking moose is driving around in my car thinking that it's his." Dean grunted, looking back over at the car again and sighing. "Oh well, it's just a car."

"It's nice." I say, trying to make him feel better even though I had no idea what he was talking about.

"You kidding right? It's old, loud and has everything wrong with it." Dean shrugged and turned away from the black impala. "When I was human I spent way too much time trying to fix her up."

"When you were human?" I gasped, looking at him like a deer caught in headlights. "You were human?"

"Well obviously. Most demons were humans at one point."

"But I thought fallen angels..."

"Fallen angels have nothing to do with hell. They stay on earth and mind their own business and try to run from hunters and other angels." Dean sighs and starts walking away from me.

"Wait!" I shout, wanting to learn more about deans human life. I ran after him and started walking with him, or running with him as the pace he was going was more like a stride then a casual walk. "So when you were human-"

"I don't want to talk about when I was human. It's over and I'm never going back to that crappy life where everyone who I cared for dies and I'm the only one whose stuck in this godforsaken planet trying to talk to the dead." Dean snapped at me and I go quiet and lower my head in defeat.

"So did you die?" I ask after a moment of silence. Dean only nodded in response. "What was it like? Dying I mean?"

"For me it was a messy and bloody business. I don't recommend it." Dean replies and a small smile slips onto his face. "There hasn't been a time I've dies where I haven't come back. The dead should stay dead angel, that's the way it has to be. You come back to life after the first time you die and it's like you may as well be still dead you feel that empty inside."

"Why did you sell your soul?" I ask quietly and he stops and turns to look at me. "I didn't mean to make offence, I just wondered what could be so important to you that you would sell you soul."

Dean took a few minutes to think about his answer and when he finally did answer, pain and sorrow etched across his face. It was the first real emotion I had ever seen in him.

"I sold my soul for my brothers life. More then once actually. We always did that, risked out own lives to save each other's. I regret that now, I should have just let him die." I knew he didn't mean that, it was the demon inside of him that spoke those words but his eyes told a different story. In his eyes I saw that he would become a demon over an over again to save his brothers life, and for a moment, I saw a glimpse of humanity still left in the demon named Dean.