𝕭𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖉 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝕮𝖆𝖓 𝕾𝖊𝖊

𝕾𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖑 𝖙𝖔 𝕱𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖉 𝕭𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖞𝖆𝖑. 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙!!!

⁜※⁜

He was no longer a wanderer. He was no longer a Harbinger. He was no longer... alone.

The male had asked the Traveller for a name, but on many accounts, he was referred to as simply "kid" or "boy". Though the titles often filled him with contempt, what could he do about it but offer a snarky comment in reply? It was better than "Hat Guy", which some people had taken a liking to calling him. Now that pissed him off to a large degree.

A tiny hand waved in front of his face and he blinked, returning from the realm of his thoughts. The small Archon smiled at him. "There you are... You aren't paying attention."

"Oh, esteemed God of Wisdom," he began, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Would you not bestow on your student mercy if he does not quite meet the intellectual level of your... Dendroness?"

Nahida laughed. "Dendroness isn't a word."

"I know that," the male ground out. "I was just—" He paused and sighed. "It seems even a puppet is more adept with human speech than a god."

Nahida's bright smile faltered slightly. "My apologies."

His mouth twitched to the side, something like guilt coursing through him. He knew Buer had tried very hard—harder than he was ever willing to—to integrate into human society and associate and share with them as much as possible. That, at least, was cause for commendation.

"Why don't we take a break, then, Hat Guy?"

His lips pulled back into a scowl. "Hat Guy? Do not start calling me that, too."

Nahida giggled. "I think it's a cute nickname. Besides, the Vahumana scholars all call you that. Why can't I?"

"I hate it."

"Isn't that normal—for people to hate their nicknames?"

The male sighed as he pushed off from the table and stood. "Let's just go and take our break..."

Nahida jumped down from her chair gracefully and nodded, following. The God of Wisdom strolled out in front of him, sharing smiles and waves with the people of Sumeru—both civilians, visitors and Akedemiya scholars alike. Passersby who seldom walked the streets of Sumeru City would never believe the two were acquaintances, the male being a stark contrast to Buer's cheerful and outgoing attitude.

Even as some brave people who had seen the puppet before attempted to wave at him, all he managed was a curt nod at best—at worst, a glower and obscene gesture. Nahida had pulled him up on it before and offered what social advice she could—to which he did not listen. Why should he care for humans—

He paused. Something... someone at the corner of his eye...

"Hat Guy?" The male turned to the small god who waited a few paces away. "Why do you stop?" She smiled. "Something caught your eye? Be it a vendor's stock, I can procure some for you."

He shook his head and made his way back to Nahida's side. "It's... nothing. I just thought I saw someone I recognised."

"Oh? A friend, perchance?"

"Doubtful—I have none." He said those words so easily—in a tone that suggested he didn't care that he had spoken them. But something tugged at him. The sight he wasn't sure he had seen seemed to have... awoken something within him.