𝕱𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖉 𝕭𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖞𝖆𝖑

A/N: References to Wanderer's backstory. I think this might be my favourite so far, idk haha. Wrote this because my friend is having an eternal Scara phase 💀🖐

⁜※⁜

𝕷𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖎𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖞 𝖘𝖚𝖓-𝖋𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖑𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝖛𝖎𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞. 𝕾𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘, 𝖎𝖙 𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕱𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖎, 𝖙𝖔𝖔.

⁜※⁜

Life isn't only sun-filled battle and glorious victory. Sometimes, it rains on the Fatui, too.

The thunder echoed across the hills, the loud booms reverberating through Mother Nature's earthen body. Lightning flashed continuously, blinding in all directions. The rain pelted down like bullets, injuriously tough on all who had the misfortune of travelling during the treacherous weather.

But none of the elements seemed to bother the lone wanderer as he trudged through the forest—which leaves couldn't even shield from the storm. Admittedly, the wind that continuously ripped at his large hat was a nuisance and the sludge that caused his feet to drag was less than desirable, but other than that...

He grunted as an unearthed root almost caused him to trip, ripping it out as he forced his foot forward. "Tsk." He looked out from beneath his hat, the rain falling in sheets inhibiting his vision. Maybe it would be better to seek shelter—even though he had a mission to tend to.

He walked a little longer, before eyeing an outcropping of rock in the distance. As he came near, he realised it was even better than an outcropping. A cavern. He peered into the cave, unfazed by the eerie atmosphere presented by the darkness. "Better than nothing," he mumbled, walking inside and removing his hat.

He ran a small, slender hand through his dark indigo hair, brushing his fringe out of his face as it clung to his forehead. A trail of wet footprints was left in his wake—not like he cared. He leaned against a far wall, a safe distance from the rain's reach, before slumping down to the ground and tossing his hat away in exasperation. Damn this weather.

He didn't need warmth—he was a puppet, after all—so he didn't bother with a fire, nor did he need rest. In fact, every moment that passed had him feeling increasingly restless and—

He paused as he heard the slight scraping of fabric against stone and saw his hat slowly pulled into the dark shadows of the cave. He jerked to his feet. "Who goes there," he demanded—not a question, but an order.

The hat stopped moving and the wanderer could hear a slight shuddering breath echo throughout the cave. He walked a few paces towards the shadows when his hat was whisked away from his vision. He could only stare incredulously at the line where the shadows ended, as there was no face to direct his anger at. Who was foolish enough to stand against a Fatui Harbinger like this?

He ventured closer. "Show yourself..." He cracked his fingers audibly, a warning sound echoing throughout the cavern. "Before I make you." Ah... how he longed for battle. He was sure he would be cooped up in this cave for hours with nothing to do, but now—

Another slight whimper escaped as a small figure stepped out of the darkness. The Harbinger paused. It was just a girl. As she stepped fully into the light, clutching his hat tightly in front of her, he almost began to pity her. Immediately, her situation became clear to him. She'd done her best to survive on her own—hair cut short so it'd be easier to keep, clothes mended with many many jarring patches of hideous colour—but from her unnaturally slim figure, he knew it wasn't enough.