.•. P R O L O G U E ~ P1 .•.

~

~

Some people's lives are relatively normal. They're born, they grow up and make friends. They do moderate in school and do whatever to be popular or cool. They graduate high school, and some go on to graduate college. They have a normal boring life that awaits them every day after that, one that consists of them going to a bland job and working 9-5. They eventually get old and die. That's it. It sounds pointless to live like that, but to some people, they would rather have that sort've life. The one where nothing crazy happens and they can just be normal.

But they can't, no matter how hard they might try.

Griddy's Donuts. A 24-hour diner. It had faded neon colored walls, tables, jukeboxes, and more, all in absolutely atrocious color schemes. Sitting lonely at one of those stools was fifteen year-old teenager, Hope Andrea Mikaelson.

Her heart was beating fast, her palms sweaty, and her mind racing. She didn't even head when the waitress, Denise, had called for her attention. "Honey? Sweetie, is everything alright?" Hope finally looked up, eyes meeting the concerned one of the waitress dressed in pink. The dark haired woman smiled once she realized she had successfully gotten the girls attention. "What can I get you, hon?"

"O-oh." Hope bit her lip slightly, "Can I just get a beignet, please?"

"Sure can. I'll just be a minute." She disappeared into the back with a smile, leaving Hope to her thoughts once again.

Hope stared at the counter, wondering what in the hell happened to her. How did she get here? Where was 'here'? What was she supposed to do?

You might be wondering what she was going on about mentally. It's pretty simple to say for something so crazy. Hope Mikaelson was just studying in her dorm room at the Salvatore School after all the chaos involving her, the Hollow, and her father.

And then suddenly, the young Tribrid gets a migraine, and her ears start to ring. She squeezed her eyes closed, rubbing at her temples, only opening her eyes when she suddenly felt like she was falling. And she was, for real.

Hope landed roughly onto the ground, her skin scraping against the concrete tree below her. It had healed almost immediately, of course, thanks to her vampire and werewolf DNA. But she had no idea where the was. She had started wandering  around until she found Griddy's Donuts, the only place it seemed she could be sheltered from the world surrounding her.

Eventually, Denise came back, delivering the pastry to the teenage girl, and went off to the back again, leaving Hope to her thoughts.