.•. 019 .•.

~

2.09
743

09743

~

The day was perfect. The sun was shining, the air was warm, and the colors were vibrant as the group of five made their way towards the grassy knoll where the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy was supposed to happen.

The Young Hope and Five walked behind Luther and the two older-looking versions of themselves, not speaking a word.

"You speak French?" Five finally questioned as they walked a distance behind the other three. He hadn't known she spoke anything other than that weird magical spell-casting language and English, but here she was, sounding almost fluent in a language he had actually never learned.

Hope gave an incredulous look, "I grew up in the French Quarter of New Orleans- of course I speak French."

"Oh."

They fell into momentary silence before Hope broke it, "His heart rate jumped." She stated, scratching at her wrist as Five glanced to her.

"What?"

"When he said 'you got a deal'." She clarified, looking back at him, "His heart rate jumped. He lied."

"I knew it." Hope looked at Five, almost concerned. He looked absolutely mad. Sweat was cascading down his skin, his hair sticking to his forehead, a red spot was beginning to form on his neck- the place where he had been itching the most - and his eyes had this crazed look in them. "What are you looking at?!" Five suddenly shouted.

For a moment, Hope believed he was snapping at her, but quickly realized he was yelling at some random passerby.

"See something funny?! Asshole!"

The person started walking quickly away.

"Okay." Hope muttered impatiently, yanking his hand forwards to get him to keep moving. "You're scaring people. Shut up and keep walking."

"Mind you business!" He called again, Hope sighing as he startled yet another random person, "Or I'll give you something to stare at! You wish you could pull off these shorts!"

"Just keep moving."

"Hey! Don't look at her like that! Keep it moving, bucko!"

"Oh my god!" Hope suddenly exclaimed, "Stop shouting at random people for Christ sake!"

"How can I not when they're staring at you like you're a piece of meat- basically undressing you with their eyes!"