.•. 002 .•.

~

1.02
Run Boy Run

02Run Boy Run

~

"I survived on scraps, canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find." Five explained before releasing a small, bitter chuckle. "You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life?" Vanya nodded. "Well, it's total bullshit:"

"I can't even imagine." She muttered sympathetically, but Hope noticed something else about the way she said it- Vanya didn't believe him.

"You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. So we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we
found a way to overcome it."

"We?" She questioned. "As in.. you and Hope?"

"You got anything stronger?" Five held up his mug,
ignoring her question. Vanya nodded and stood up,
moving to the kitchen and pulling a bottle from a cabinet, pouring it into two glasses and handing Five one.

She stared at Five, a look in her eye as he took a drink. He noticed, scoffing slightly at himself. "You think I'm crazy."

"No." She denied immedietely, stammering, "That- it's just... it's a lot to take in." She tried to explain.

"Exactly what don't you understand?"

"Why didn't you just time travel back?"

Five scoffed, his response dripping with sarcasm. "Gee, wish I'd thought of that." Hope rolled her eyes from her spot on the couch. "Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed." he leaned closer, "You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family?"

Vanya seemed to hesitate with her next words, afraid of how Five would react again, knowing the boy was impatient. "If you grew old there, you know, in the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid?"

"I told you already." Five replied with a small scoff, "I must've got the equations wrong."

"No, you did get the equations wrong." Hope corrected.

"Shut it, will ya?" Five snapped at her.

"I don't take orders from you."

"You-"

"I mean, Dad always used to say that..." Vanya interrupted, trying to stop another argument from breaking out, "...time travel could mess up your mind. Well, maybe that's what's happening?"