.•. 004 .•.

~

1.04
Man on the Moon

04Man on the Moon

~

"This man literally has the most mediocre life I've ever seen."

All night, Hope and Five had been keeping tabs on- AKA stalking- Lance Biggs, waiting outside his house all night, watching as he left to walk his dog in the morning, and now as he walked across the street to his car, letting his dog in the backseat.

Five's hand had long since grabbed ahold of Hope's, prepared to blink in Lance's car and do whatever the hell he needed to do to get answers this time.

And he did, Hope had suddenly appeared in the backseat of Lance's car, Five in the passenger, the boy quickly detaching his hand from hers as Lance shut his own door.

And that's when he finally noticed Five.

"Oh, Jesus!" He exclaimed, jumping in his seat. Hope knew that this was going to be interesting, just as all their previous encounters with the man had been. Just as she thought, Five had quickly taken action. He gave him no time to speak any other words as he quickly pulled out a knife, pressing it against the doctor's neck.

"Once chance." Five began, "That's all you've got. One chance to tell me exactly what's going on in that lab." He threatened.

Something wet and cold nudged Hope's arm, the girl ready to attack until she saw it was the dog. She gave a twinge of a smile, gently scratched behind it's ears as she continued listening to the two in the front.

Lance, who was was already shaking with fear as he looked at Five, seeming unable to break eye contact, didn't even try to hide the truth this time, "I... I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market."

Well... that was rather easy, wasn't it? Hope would've been open to doing that from the start. It definitely would've sped up the pace a bit.

"Including eyeballs?"

"Yeah, they're my biggest seller. I mean, they sell like hotcakes." He stammered out. "I- I've got a list, a waiting list, probably 20 buyers."

"So, the serial number I told you..."

"Uh, could've already been bought. Yes, off- off the books." Lance confirmed, Five looking about ready to go slice his neck from agitation.

Five sighed, his jaw clenched as he looked at Lance, knife still pressed against his neck. "I needed that list, Lance. Names and numbers, and I need it now!"