.•. 016 .•.

~

2.06
A Light Supper

06A Light Supper

~

"Diego, this is a setup." Luther stated, his mouth stuffed ful of scrambled eggs once again as he studied the invitation before him. The perfectly shaped piece of formal paper held the words;

'To my Pursuers,

I, Reginald Hargreeves,
request the pleasure of your
company for a light supper on
the 20th of November, 1963,
at half past seven o'clock.

• 1624 Magnolia Street •
Dallas, Texas'

"Maybe." Diego replied, pulling on a button-up shirt, "But we should go anyway."

Luther almost scoffed, "Says the guy who's already been stabbed once this week." He said, dropping the invite on the stand beside him.

"Oh, don't worry, me and him are gonna have words."

Luther turned his gaze to Vanya and Hope, who were sitting silently on the couch. "Would one of you tell him that he's nuts?"

Vanya shrugged lightly, "I think we should go."

Luther paused, looking at the girl like she was insane as Diego gave him a look, "See?"

"Vanya, of all people, you should hate Dad the most." Luther reasoned.

"Come on," Vanya gave him a doubtful look, "can he really be that bad?"

"Okay, well, let's see." Luther began pointedly, "He isolated you from the rest of the family."

"Kept you hopped up on pills." Diego added as he tucked his shirt into his pants.

"And he brainwashed you into thinking you had no powers." Hope spoke up, earning her looks from both boys. "What? I pay attention."

"Jesus, this guy..." Vanya muttered, eyes wide in surprise and shock.

"Yeah."

"I mean, come on, I have to meet him."

Diego smirked while Luther glared, pointing a finger at the knife-wielding brother, "You already know how this is gonna go. Dad is gonna play all his little mind games on us, get into our heads, and he's gonna turn us all against each other. You watch." He looked at Hope, "Back me up here, Hope."