.•. 008 .•.

~

1.08
I Heard a Rumor

08I Heard a Rumor

~

When Five woke the next morning, Hope refused to utter a single word. She didnt even spare him a glance as he struggled to push himself up, swinging his legs of the side of the bed, and then proceeded to actually stand up.

He pulled a light blue silk Umbrella Academy issued pajama top on that Grace had laid out for him, the boy hissing at the pain in his abdomen. He glanced over at the Tribrid every so often, as if waiting for her to say something. But she didn't, and instead just kept her eyes focused on the window.

But his incessant staring was starting to aggravate the girl to no end, leading her to slowly stand and make her way over to him.

He paused in the middle of doing up his buttons, eyeing the girl before him carefully, unsure of what was coming, only sure that something was.

And he was correct.

Without warning, Hope quickly smacked him across the face.

He flinched hard. "Ow!" He exclaimed, a hand flying to his cheek. He scowled at her, "What the hell?!"

"Don't 'what the hell' me." Hope snapped, "Your ass didn't say anything about that deadly injury. And what I want to know is why." She folded her arms over her chest.

"Hope, the world ends in two days." He sighed, "We just... we don't have time for-"

"For what?" She interrupted, giving an incredulous laugh, "Dying? We don't have time to make sure you don't die? That's bullshit. You said it yourself that what's different this time is that your family have you. Well guess what? If you're dead, we're all back to square one." She snapped. "Keeping secrets gets you nowhere."

He scoffed. "That's rich coming from you."

Hope narrowed her eyes. "Excuse me?"

"You are always hiding something and refuse to tell anyone." He argued.

"Yeah, but that stuff is personal. It doesn't have to do with me dying or the world ending!"

"I think 'me dying' falls under the personal issue category."

"Except when it affects us all."

He stopped, jaw clenching. And then something came to him, a thought. He furrowed his brows, "Did you sleep in that chair all night?"