Chapter 28 - Cherishing the Excitement

Fourth

That day, due to dad's interruption, I couldn't respond to Gemini. I like him. I want to be with him. And I have already confessed my feelings to him. But that day the confession was more to get it done with. Not for a new beginning.

I don't know why I always get nervous when it's time to speak up.

To think of it, Gemini too felt the same way when he blurted about his feelings in the corridor. It was hilariously cute. Maybe I should just blurt it out too.

"But how?"

"Shhh..."

Oops. "Sorry." I forgot I am in library. But why the hell am I here? I can't concentrate anyway.

I can see Non tutoring, now his boyfriend Ohm on the table opposite to me.

If after all the mess, they can get together, it's a shame that we are unable to proceed.

I closed the book, kept it back on the shelf and dragged my feet outside the library.

I cannot wait any longer. So I took out my phone and called Gemini.

[Hello?]

I smiled observing that he picks up my call in one go without delaying.

"Where are you right now?" I bit my lower lip nervously.

[I am with Mark in the cafeteria. What's up? Do you by chance... miss me?]

{Who are you talking to huh? Missing missing? Hehehe} I rolled my eyes when I heard Mark's voice in the back ground.

[Shut up and concentrate on your food or else I'll shove it all in your mouth in one go.] Gemini snapped making me chuckle. [Hello? Ignore him please. Where are you? Shall I go to you?]

I smiled. "Would you... like to go have slushies with me right now?"

[I am running towards the parking. Mark! I'll see you later!]

I chuckled.

"Ok, I'll see you there."

Before I could enter the parking area, Gemini's car was already outside. He came out of the car and rushed to the other side to open the door for me grinning wide.

I grinned back feeling light-headed. The effect he has on me...

We drove in silence with a slight smile on my face in response to which Gemini was grinning wide. He played my favourite songs in playlist.

It was just like how it used to be before whenever we used to drive together.

As we reached the location, we bought the slushies and walked towards the foot bridge. That is again our usual spot where we stand and observe the busy food street.

"So what's the reason for blessing me with this honour today?" He asked taking a huge sip.

I smiled and moved closer to him nudging my shoulder with his. Gemini seemed like his breath caught in his chest as he turned to look at me.

I smiled in response. "I don't know what else to do on a date with you."

*cough**cough*

"Gem! You ok?" I patted his back when he almost choked.

"Ah... I wasn't prepared. I think the ice got to my head. I heard... something like a date." He asked nervously wiping his mouth.

I chuckled. "So... When two people who like each other, hang out, isn't it a date?"