Chapter 11 - The Scandal

Gemini

"Now that's what I call a party!" Mark chuckled while recording everything.

Everyone else was just gaping at the girl whose face was now smeared with cake.

"Gem! What the.... Aarrghhhh" Mink screamed.

I scratched the back of my neck not knowing what to do now. Fourth is drunk. But never in my wildest dream I could imagine him doing anything like this. But whatever it is, it's the result of what

"GEM! What the.... Aarrghhhh" Fourth mimicked and laughed holding his stomach immediately making everyone laugh.

"Pfft." I couldn't control my laughter as well. Now he is also mimicking her.

"GEMINI!" Mink screamed on top of her voice.

I quickly pulled her hand and pulled her out straight to the washroom. "Mink, we need to get your face cleaned."

"What were you doing when he attacked me?" Even with her face smeared with cake she was complaining.

"Go get cleaned first." I told her once we reached the women's restroom. "I'll wait for you here." I said plainly.

She huffed looking at me agitated before going in.

I quickly pulled my phone out.

[Hola] Mark greeted with lot of noise from behind.

"You moron! What the fuck were you planning when you got alcohol in? did I not tell you not to?"

[Hahahahaha. It was to bring fun to the party. Wasn't it fun though?] He asked without even 1% of guilt.

I rolled my eyes knowing there is no point in arguing with Mark. "Listen, I'll drop Mink and come back. Take care of Fourth by then."

[What? Is he a kid? Besides, isn't he here with those seniors?]

"I don't care who he came with. Just take care of him. If anything else messes up, I am going to kill you with my bare hands."

[Aren't you worried about Fourth more than your girlfriend?]

"Shut up. And do as I say if you want your payment for drinks." I snapped.

[Hey, now that's below the belt.]

"It's called tit for tat." I disconnected before listening to anything and turned to the washroom gate only to find Mink glaring at me.

"I'll drop you home." I said smiling at her.

But she simply walked away. I followed her running behind and held her hand. "What's wrong?"

She yanked my hand away. "Are you seriously asking me that? You..." She pressed her lips and seemed so furious but I wasn't able to make sense at all. "You never care about me Gem."

I took a deep breath to calm down. "When? When did I not care?"

"Have you realized that you are always with your friends?"

"So? Am I supposed to dump them?" This is difficult.

"Don't counter me uselessly." She snapped. A few people in the corridor turned to look at me. And I hate such things. "You have all the priorities. Basketball practice, gaming with Mark, family time and now you have started hanging out with that nerd. You spend more time with Fourth than with me. Since when do you care about your grades so much? You will get anything based on sports certificates. I really don't understand your connection with him. And I don't like him. He is rude. Everybody loathes him for his attitude. Everybody except you. And just now, he did that on purpose. He is trying to get your attention. Don't you get it?"