Chapter 23 - Unrequited... No more

Gemini

I entered the room after the treasure hunt only to find Fourth combing his hair. I seemed like he was done taking a shower.

To my surprise he turned and looked at me meeting my eyes after so many days on his own.

I slowly walked in and closed the door. With my heart beating so fast that I could collapse I stood still.

Fourth seemed to be hesitating for a while. But then he slowly walked closer to me.

"Did you finish the hunt?" He asked.

I shook my head fast. "We couldn't find all the clues."

He nodded and then turned to go back.

"And you?" I asked immediately to keep the conversation going.

"Perth bro talks a lot. We couldn't reach anywhere." Fourth said.

We both chuckled.

"So, what did you guys talk about?" I asked.

Fourth's body language seemed relaxed a bit when he sat down on the bed and laughed. "He told me so many stories about non-living objects and their feelings."

I laughed and sat on my bed across him. "He is like this always."

"Really?" He chuckled. "And he is crazy for Chimon bro. All the while he had one eye in the direction of where he is."

I smiled. It's so nice to be able to talk to him again comfortably.

This makes me realize all over again why I like him. It's as simple as that. He makes me feel the most comfortable.

"Yes, you know how it is. By the way, who won the treasure hunt today?"

"I am not sure either. Everyone was wandering around. Was there even any treasure?"

We laughed when I heard a knock on the door. "Gem! It's me!" Mark's voice interrupted me.

Fourth looked at me and the door alternatively.

"I'll get it." I said and cursed Mark a thousand times in my head.

"Yes Mark?" I gritted my teeth and opened the door.

But instead of greeting me Mark rushed to Fourth. "Why did you ask me for fever medicines?" He asked.

"Fever medicines? Fourth do you have a fever?" I asked.

"Uhmm... He hesitatingly took the medicine packet from Mark's hand and scratched his head. "A bit. I was feeling week and then after I came back, I could feel my body burning. So I took a cold shower."

"Let me check." I immediately pushed Mark aside and checked his head. He was burning.

"Shit." I held him from his shoulder and made him sit on his bed. "What medicines have you got?"

"Some paracetamols. And antibiotics." Mark replied.

"Are you nuts? Antibiotics cannot be given without consulting a doctor." I looked at the contents of the medicine pack.

"I just brought everything I had." Mark replied sadly.

"Fourth did you eat anything?" I asked ignoring Mark.

Fourth shook his head. I sighed.

"Leave." I said.

Both Fourth and Mark asked me confused.

"Mark, leave now. Get me a thermometer. And get some porridge or soup for Fourth too. Remember, he is allergic to mushrooms." I said and gave the medicine pack back to Mark leaving aside the paracetamol medicines.