Chapter 32 - The Ultimate Trial

Fourth

As Gemini and I entered O's condo, we saw all four of them sitting in tense state.

"What's up?" Gemini asked turning back at me once and then at all of them in confusion that mirrored mine.

"Why didn't you tell me that your dad was not ok?" Chimon asked Perth.

"I did not know myself Chim. I came out to him last year. Even before we started going out. He was ok with it." Perth explained.

"I can't be at ease like this Perth?" Chimon snapped back.

"Guys!" Nanon interrupted. "And Chimon, we all know that no matter what, we will always have someone being unhappy with us because of our life choices. And it's not just about dating a guy."

"I know." Chimon pushed his hand away. "But can you think from my point of view? I was struggling whole my life and now that I thought everyone important to me accepted me, I get to know that my boyfriend's family is not ok with it."

"But what is his fault in it?" Ohm interrupted annoyed.

"Ohm please it's ok." Perth held his hand.

I held Gemini's hand as the tension lingered in the air. He squeezed my hand to calm me.

"And Chimon, I swear I did not even know that he was unhappy. From day one he was fine with it."

"And what if he asks you to leave me tomorrow? What will you do?" Chimon asked.

"Of course I'll fight for us." Perth said.

"I can't believe you are behaving as if you are answerable." Ohm said.

"I agree." Nanon added. "Chimon please. Perth has always stood up for you."

"And I want to stand up for him. Do you know what he just said to me? He said he will leave the house of he has to."

Perth sighed. "That's the last option is what I said."

"What I am feeling horrible about is, I am always receiving happiness from him while I am always the reason for his troubles." Chimon was almost crying when he left the room fuming.

"There goes a part of my bet." Ohm face palmed.

"Ohm, we are not breaking up." Perth gave him a warning glare.

"What bet?" Gemini finally took a step forward with me.

"I have bet for the National's selection for me and Perth and our relationships to stay strong no matter what." O answered.

"And I am sure we will win with the three of us in the team." Perth added with a brief smile. He seemed sad which is very rare.

"Are you counting on winning this with me being in the team?" Gemini asked.

Oh, Non and Perth nodded.

Gemini left my hand and massaged his temple taking a sharp breath in. "I don't want to play this game."

Silence. Everybody was as dumbstruck as I was looking at Gemini's agitated face.

"I don't want to participate in trials."

"Gem?" I called him confused.

"What? I told you I am scared of getting selected and then rejecting it because I am still not sure." He said to me.

"But how does it matter with the game? You can play to make them win." I said.

"To make them win, I will have to do my best, if I do my best, I may get selected too. Then I will have to make a decision and I am NOT ready for it."