Chapter 15 - The Truth

Ohm

I like you Ohm

The voice kept ringing in my ear when I froze in place.

And I was still frozen when the sound of slow claps brought me out of my shock.

I never wanted him to say it. I was ready to lose the bet. I was anyway losing it all anyway. But I did not want to lose Nanon. He is the only friend who stood up to my family for me, who cried with me when I cried, who doesn't judge me when I show my weak side to him, whose encouragement landed me in the list of top 50% students in our class.

He is pure and sweet. Daring yet caring. He has the power to challenge me for a duel and stand up to me without getting intimidated.

And even after seeing my weakest side and my dark family secrets, he is still saying he likes me.

He is the only one who asks me if I ate or slept or reached home on time. In last three months all I have seen is how I am a better person when I am with him.

I cannot afford to lose him.

"Nanon, l-l-let's go somewhere else and talk." I held his hand and pulled him up quickly getting up from the ground.

He looked at me dumbfounded while getting up.

"Why go somewhere else? Everybody related to the bet are here." Boom said.

"Boom, we had a deal." Perth walked to him and held him by his collar. "We discussed not to talk about it."

"Till the bet is over." He added.

I gulped and turned to look at Nanon who was confused and looking at Boom.

"What bet are you guys talking about?" Chimon asked walking towards us.

"Nanon, let's go please. I asked you to come and talk to me right? I am yet to say what I wanted to." I pleaded pulling his arm.

"One sec." Chimon walked between us and pushed my hand away. "Why are you so desperately trying to take him away?" He asked now standing between Nanon and me.

"Chimon, please let me talk to him." I pleaded.

"Boom. What bet?" Chimon eyed me while asking Boom.

Right now I am going to have a nervous breakdown. The guy who is standing behind Chimon is not saying a word. He has this constant puzzled expression on his face while he is looking at everyone who is talking.

I saw Fourth walking up to Nanon and standing beside him.

I contained myself and tried to walk close to Nanon but Chimon moved and stood in front of me. "I am having a very bad feeling about this Ohm Pawat. And I won't let you near him till I know what it is." He warned.

I knew they have been childhood friends. But I never knew their bond was this strong.

"Chimon please." Perth said while I saw Boom smirking. He was enjoying our plight. "Let Ohm and Nanon sort it between them."

"You and Gemini seem to be in between too. Then why can't we know what the truth is?" Chimon folded his arms and glared at Perth.

"Bro, I am warning you. This won't go down well." Gemini walked to Boom.

"What is happening? Why is everyone panicking like this?" The nerdy Fourth who hardy ever said anything in front of everyone finally asked. Worry clearly visible on his face.

But nobody is as nervous as I am.

"Nanon, I promise I'll tell you everything. Just come with me." I pleaded meeting Nanon's eyes. He was frozen. I am not sure what he is thinking. But I want to talk to him, alone.