Chapter 5

Gu Wenxuan brought Hu Rong back to the county government office, and asked the two maids to take her to settle down.

Suddenly, the county magistrate brought back this beautiful woman. The two maids were unhappy, but Gu Wenxuan was the master, so they dared not refuse.

His action was to give Hu Rong's face in private. Hu Rong also doesn't care about their attitude; she just arrived, and as long as she can serve Gu Wenxuan effectively, she is satisfied.

Unexpectedly, two days later, the magistrate personally brought 2,000 soldiers from the government. As soon as he arrived, he asked 500 people to surround the Huang family first. Now everyone knew that the Huang family was going to be in trouble.

Zhifu was startled when he saw Gu Wenxuan's face, and he almost couldn't sit still. It's a good thing he brought someone to deal with it this time, otherwise his black hat (his job) would be gone.

He had been to the capital and had the chance to meet Gu Wenxuan, but Gu Wenxuan didn't say anything, and treated him with courtesy, thinking that he is now the county magistrate here, and the prefect just nodded as a greeting.

There are five counties under him, and Songyang County has always been mediocre, and he hasn't paid much attention to it, and there has been no major trouble.

It's just that he didn't expect the Huang family to be so daring. They even doubled the taxes and dared to resell them privately. The evidence is convincing. He brought two thousand people here to clean up the Huang family.

Songyang County also has a thousand county soldiers. He knows this. They are usually used to maintain stability.

And next year will be the year when he will be promoted. Fortunately, this matter happened this year. The evidence is conclusive. He only needs to lead someone to exonerate them. People like the Huang family have committed capital crimes.

Huang Wen suddenly heard that the magistrate was coming, so he hurried over. Unexpectedly, his house was besieged, and the magistrate brought two thousand soldiers. Huang Wen had been doing evil for many years, and he knew that he was going to be finished. However, he had been running the business in Songyang County all these years, and the county soldiers were in his hands.

It's just that he didn't expect that the number of county soldiers was more than his family's. Looking at those people who turned their backs, even if he wanted to refuse to admit it, it would probably be difficult.

The evidence is conclusive, the government soldiers have a superior number, and the Huang family was raided all of a sudden.

The county soldiers at the gate of Songyang County were taken down when the magistrate arrived. After all, he had been in the officialdom for more than ten years to be a magistrate. After a little thought, he knew what was going on. The people who reported it later only said that they had brought 500 people.

The magistrate then took everyone in the Huang family away. Before leaving, he looked at Gu Wenxuan and wanted to say something, but he couldn't say it. After all, he had seen him in the capital, but Gu Wenxuan probably didn't know him, so he shook his head and led them away.

As soon as the Huang family fell, Gu Wenxuan immediately began to clean up those people who had done evil together with the Huang family. Many people went to jail, and a large number of people in the county government were cleared.

Huang Dahu was no exception, and when the news spread throughout the county, the Hu family also heard about it.

Mrs. Hu and Mr. Hu were both sad and happy. Fortunately, their daughter did not marry, otherwise she would have to go to prison. By then, their family might not be able to hold their heads up in the village.

The two maids sent by Huang's family to Gu Wenxuan were also sent out. During these days, Hu Rong was the only one serving in the county government office.

But Hu Rong was quite happy, after all, Gu Wenxuan was very easy to take care of, and he didn't allow people to come into the office to wait and serve, she just had to clean up every day.

Hu Rong still thought that after two years, with some money in hand, she could go out to find a good man to marry.

In the future, she will also be able to get rid of her family members, and take care of her husband and teach her children to live a good life.

At the thought of this, she was full of energy and hope.