Chapter 17

In the front yard of the county government office, Gu Wenxuan was dealing with official business in the study, when he heard slow and rhythmic footsteps, he slowly raised his head, seeing that his own nanny came in, he immediately put down the brush in his hand.

"Young master has been busy for two hours, drink a cup of tea to moisten your throat," after Bai Nanny finished speaking, she put the tea in Gu Wenxuan's hand.

Gu Wenxuan picked up the tea, took a sip, and unconsciously raised the corners of his mouth.

This tea was also brought over by his mother as a gift to Hu Rong, and it was his favorite Yuqian Longjing tea in the capital.

When he arrived at the county, he brought nothing but a large box of bank notes and some clothes. Although he is not a delicate person, he still has his own habits. This county is small, so he can't buy his favorite tea even if he has the money for it.

"Young master is really going to take the young mistress to Fucheng"? After thinking about it, Bai Momo still spoke.

In her opinion, after a woman gets married, she should stay at home and take care of her husband and teach her children. How can she go out with her husband? Maybe it will disturb her husband's business.

"Well, she is my wife now. It will take me ten days to get there, not counting the time I will spend travelling back. In any case, it will take a month. It is better to take her with me than to leave her alone."

"Is the young master planning to return to the capital in the future?" The young couple have a good relationship, and Nanny Bai also knows that, since Gu Wenxuan insisted, she will not say anything, and just follow along when the time comes.

"I will return to the capital once the three-year term of office is over, or that person will not agree." Gu Wenxuan finished his tea, rubbed his wrists, and prepared to continue his official duties.

"Okay, then the old slave will go down to accompany the young mistress first."

"Okay, you can go," Gu Wenxuan lowered his head and continued with his business after finishing speaking.

"Young Mistress is really hardworking. It's only been more than three months. I already know all the characters on the thousand-character text, and the writing is not bad." In the small garden in the backyard of the county office, the teacher looked at the thousand-character text written by Hu Rong, unconsciously nodded in praise.

Hu Rong is not the smartest student she has ever supervised, but she is the most hardworking one.

Faced with her teacher's praise, Hu Rong blushed a little. This was the first time someone praised her for her handwriting. Before, others praised her for her good looks.

But her pretty appearance is both a source of pride and a source of embarrassment for her. Since her family took care of her appearance for numerous years, it had burdened her down to the point where she couldn't breathe. She was deprived of everything in life, including friends and freedom. If she hadn't met Gu Wenxuan by chance, her life would not have turned out so well.

Every time Hu Rong thinks of her husband, she feels very lucky, God still cares of her.

After learning how to make tea with her teacher, the time for dinner had arrived, Hu Rong packed up the tea set and took Mother Bai to the dining room.