Chapter 18

The spring weather was bright and gorgeous, and it was time to go to Fucheng in the blink of an eye.

Gu Wenxuan had already requested someone to order a new carriage so that the two of them might travel together in the future.

The carriage's interior was lined with large cushions, and Hu Rong sat alone in it without feeling uncomfortable.  There were a few cakes on the small table in the carriage for her to eat when she got hungry.

Gu Wenxuan was riding a horse on the side when the wind blew aside the curtain, and Hu Rong looked over, saw her husband's handsome face and unconsciously stared.

Gu Wenxuan happened to look over at the same time, and the two stared at each other, smiled at each other.

On this trip, Gu Wenxuan brought 30 yamen servants, as well as three carriages, one of which was used to store items, and Bai Momo and other servants sat in the other. Hu Rong's carriage was near the front of the line. She sat by herself.

Gu Wenxuan also worried that the journey would be boring for his wife, so he packed a lot of travel notes and story books in the carriage to keep her entertained.

It would take one day and one night to get from Songyang County to Fucheng fast, but it would take their group at least three days.

After traveling for 20 miles outside of city, Gu Wenxuan asked the team to stop to rest, while he got into Hu Rong's carriage.

The journey was very smooth, and Hu Rong didn't feel any discomfort. In fact, she actually wanted to go horseback riding with Gu Wenxuan. She preferred riding a horse than travelling in a carriage, especially when accompanied by her husband. She can't do it now that so many people are watching.

When she saw Gu Wenxuan coming in, she took up the water bag on the side, opened the lid, and offered it to him.

Gu Wenxuan's mouth raised slightly, he took a sip, and when Hu Rong was not looking, he hugged her and seated her on his lap, and when Hu Rong reacted, she blushed quickly.

"Husband, we're outside, and I'm afraid it's inappropriate for us to do this," Hu Rong said, while flushing.

Gu Wenxuan did not let go of Hu Rong, but pecked at her earlobe and tightened his arm.

"What should you call me?" Hu Rong was surprised for a moment when she heard a warm and magnetic voice, and she felt hot all over when she thought of something.

"Gu, Gu Lang," Hu Rong whispered. (Imagine her calling him Hubby⋆˙⟡♡ ˚
cuz that's what she did in Chinese)

After she finished speaking, she felt that her face was even redder.

Gu Wenxuan used his hands to stroke Hu Rong's cheeks. Because of shyness, the fair and soft cheeks were already pink, but they added a charming feeling. Then Gu Wenxuan kissed Hu Rong on the cheeks.

At this point, the team leader from outside arrived to report, explaining that they had rested and asking if they should go on.

Gu Wenxuan stared at the person in his arms, chuckled, and then let the team continue on their way. Without stepping out of the carriage, he casually picked up and flipped through a book next to him.

The carriage proceeded slowly onward. Hu Rong struggled to get up from his lap after seeing Gu Wenxuan did not go.

Gu Wenxuan tightened his arms and asked Hu Rong to read for him.

"Rong'er, I want to listen to this book of Journey to the West Mountain, please read it to me."

Hearing Gu Wenxuan refer to herself as 'Rong'er', Hu Rong was speechless for a moment before staring at him with her lovely eyes.

What's the matter with this person? Obviously only at night, she calls him 'Gu Lang,' and he calls her 'Rong'er', what the heck is going on?

Gu Wenxuan looked at the woman in his arms with hopeful eyes, and instantly knew what she was thinking.

"Rong'er, if you want, I will definitely satisfy you at the inn at night."

"You!!" Hu Rong instantly raised her small fist and struck Gu Wenxuan's chest, but the strength of Hu Rong's hand was not even a tickle for Gu Wenxuan.

But he also knew that his wife was thin-skinned, and he had caused enough trouble today, so he freed up one hand, picked up the book, flipped it over, and read to Hu Rong.

"Don't worry, people outside can't hear it." Gu Wenxuan has very good hearing, and he has already paid attention to their surroundings. From the moment he got into the carriage, the people around him left for a while.

Hu Rong was relieved a lot, and sat in a comfortable position in Gu Wenxuan's arms, listening to him read and falling asleep while doing so.

Thinking of her going to bed in the middle of the night, and waking up early this morning, Gu Wenxuan didn't wake her up directly, but hugged her tightly, and began to close his eyes to rest his mind.