Chapter 6

"Master, the bed has been made, the hot water has been boiled, and everything has been added to the tub," Hu Rong said after finishing her work, looking at Gu Wenxuan who was correcting official documents.

Gu Wenxuan nodded and motioned her to go out.

He has been very busy recently now that he is the sole ruler of the county government, and now there is a serious shortage of manpower. Some positions in the county have been vacant, since those people from Huang Wen before have been cleared out. The new ones have to wait for the imperial court to appoint them after the scientific examination.

Hu Rong then went out immediately. The backyard of the county government could be described as not too big, but now there are only her and Gu Wenxuan in the backyard, the previous few people were all sent out by Gu Wenxuan.

She was not used to the workload at first, but after a few days, she has became completely comfortable with it. She also worked for a few years when she was a child, but later her appearance became better and better, so her family stopped her from doing chores as a result.

Gu Wenxuan is not picky, and he doesn't pay much attention to things. The two of them spent the past few days together in peace and harmony.

The madam of the flower house trembled all over and remained immobile while staring at the knife on her neck, terrified that she would die if she moved an inch.

Huang Wen, who was supposed to be in Fucheng Prison, is the one holding the knife.

When his family was raided, his wife knew something was going to happen, so she stuffed a few banknotes in the soles of her shoes. At first they tried to be locked up together, and when they succeeded, his wife secretly gave him the banknotes.

Not to mention that he has always been carrying a fake-death pill with him at all times, because he anticipated that if he ever were in danger then he would have a chance to survive by swallowing the pill.

When he was in prison, he bribed the jailer somewhere, took the medicine secretly, his seven orifices bled, and was thrown by the jailer into a mass grave outside the city. He woke up a few days later and returned all the way to Songyang County, just to take revenge on Gu Wenxuan and the Xu family.

He already knew that it was Xu's family and Gu Wenxuan's internal and external cooperation that caused their family to be destroyed. His family was gone, and he was the only one left. This enmity is a mortal enmity.

The Xu family can be regarded as a big family in the local area. With his current status, it is not easy to take revenge, but Gu Wenxuan in the county government is different. Even if he is from the capital, he is alone in Songyang County. Although Gu Wenxuan is young and strong, but him fighting alone, has no chance of winning.

So he prepared two bottles of poison, and wanted mother Qi of this flower building to think of a way to send two beautiful women to beat the drums to complain, and take the opportunity to let Gu Wenxuan inhale the powder, and within a day he would definitely be poisoned. Death is the only way he can think of now.

After all, today's Songyang County is not what it used to be. In just a few days, those who had been friends with him in the past either rebelled or were cleaned up, so he came directly to the brothel. After all, there are many women in the flower building. Well, since ancient times, even if man is immune beauties, as long as one gets close to him enough, it's over.

"Don't forget, your only son is in my hands. This is his jade pendant. Take a good look at it." Huang Wen suddenly put down the knife in his hand and handed the flower building's mother a jade pendant.

Mother Qi's face turned even paler at the moment. Isn't this what her only son carried with him.

"Go quickly, as long as I hear the news of the county magistrate's sudden death, your son will be fine. Remember to find two good-looking girls, and then tell them that the powder is a aphrodisiac, as long as the county magistrate inhales it, he will favor them. Make sure you also give them the deed to their slave contract, so they believe they have a chance to be the county magistrate's wife. They'll be tempted, so simply say you don't want anything else, just for them to speak nice things about you in front of the county magistrate in the future. That's it."

"At that time, this matter will be settled. You will lose two girls at most, but I will compensate you with one hundred taels of silver. The most important thing is your son's life. Even if the government starts investigation and find out the girl used to belong to you, they would also know that were they free without the slave contract, and no suspicions will lead to you."

"Follow my instructions, otherwise, your only son may be gone."

Qin's mother took deep breaths, and finally went out with the poisonous powder.

Huang Wen picked up the tea on the side and took a sip, the corners of his mouth slightly raised.