Chapter 24

At night, Liu Xian sat alone in the huge study, his eyes dim.

He thought about how he has worked in this prefect position for more than ten years. Over the years, he has made great achievements, and has made no mistakes. At the end of last year, there was a flood in a county, and he even paid out of his own pocket to help the disaster.

The purpose is to have a good reputation and be promoted in the future.

Just now he had a cryptic conversation with Gu Wenxuan, during which he mentioned his promotion next year, but Gu Wenxuan's expression was always calm, and he couldn't see anything at all.

As soon as Liu Xian thought of this, he became very irritable, and couldn't help pacing back and forth in the house. During this period, someone came to tell him that his concubine had invited him over. His eldest son will have an exam in August, which is also a very important thing.

In the afternoon of the next day, Mrs. Liu asked someone to invite Hu Rong over again, saying that she would take her to a famous silk shop in Fucheng, and Hu Rong agreed directly.

But this time, Yang shi directly refused on the grounds that she was not feeling well, and Mrs. Liu didn't care about it, so she took Hu Rong and left.

Hu Rong thought that the silk and satin in the prefectural city had to be better than those in her county, so she went to buy a few good ones, planned to go back and make some clothing for Gu Wenxuan herself.

Her teacher had previously assured her that she would teach her how to sew garments when she returned.

Hu Rong picked a crescent-colored fabric, as well as a black and dark blue brocade. Mrs. Liu cast a light glance at Hu Rong, moved her lips to speak, but didn't say anything.

When Bai Momo returned to the little courtyard, she almost grinned behind her ears when she saw the fabric Hu Rong had purchased. She also mentioned that she could make clothing and teach Hu Rong in the future.

Hu Rong nodded and smiled before packing her purchases and locking them in the box. Gu Wenxuan returned after a while. It was unusual for him to return so early. Following their meal, the two proceeded to the small garden behind the yard to digest their meals together.

"Wife, let's go back tomorrow," Gu Wenxuan looked at Hu Rong and said.

"Okay, I have almost packed my things these days."

"Hmm," Gu Wenxuan unconsciously tightened his grip on Hu Rong's hand, and then he relaxed a lot when he thought of something.

Early the next morning, the two set off. What they looked like when they came here was the same when they went back. The only difference was that Gu Wenxuan got into the carriage directly instead of riding a horse.

But it's normal for him to ride a carriage as an official, and it's not surprising for outsiders.

It is now summer's warmest period, and the sun is rising higher and higher. Gu Wenxuan is still holding Hu Rong in the carriage. He can't help but feel heated on his skin. Not only him, but Hu Rong, feels that the temperature is rising.

But even so, neither of the two avoided hugging each other, and they even enjoyed it.

After arriving at the post station, both of them recuperated, lying on the bed, looking at each other with deep love in their eyes, they couldn't help but hugging each other again.

"Husband, I like you", Hu Rong buried her head in Gu Wenxuan's arms, and said softly.

Upon hearing this, Gu Wenxuan hugged Hu Rong tightly, and whispered the same sentence in her ear.