Chapter 39

When the family returned, it was already very dark.

The two children were lying on their shoulders drowsy, with Hu Rong and Gu Wenxuan holding each other. But Gu Wenxuan's face was a bit unsightly, ever since Hu Rong been married to him, she had never seen Gu Wenxuan like this. She couldn't figure it out, but perhaps he quarreled when he was in the study.

Thinking of what his father said just now, Gu Wenxuan's face darkened even more.

Speaking of it, just now in the study, the three men from the Gu family were talking together, and it was fine at first, but he didn't expect his father to be able to say such things later.

"Second son, I've been thinking about this for a long time. You, with a woman from the countryside, won't be presentable. When the people in the capital know about it in the future, they may joke too much about our family. However, she has given birth to two children for you, so although I don't think she can be a legitimate wife, but a concubine is okay. Let her live in a village outside the city when the genealogy of the two children is registered tomorrow. Then, let your mother find you a suitable marriage, and record the two children under the name of the new wife. This way, the two children are also legitimate and will not be wronged."

Gu Wenxuan never expected his father to say such a thing, his expression immediately changed, and he immediately pushed the door open.

Gu Wenxuan recalled what he said just now, and he arrived at Ninghui Pavilion in a blink of an eye. This is the courtyard where he lives. Seeing his wife's expression was not very good, his mouth moved, but in the end he didn't say anything, and directly hugged the two children went to the room.

"Husband, what's wrong with you, is something wrong?" Hu Rong looked at Gu Wenxuan worriedly.

"It's okay, I just thought that about how I'm going to face the Emperor tomorrow, and I'll be very busy following days, and I'm sure I won't be able to take care of you and the children as before." Seeing his wife caring about him, Gu Wenxuan pulled her to sit down softly beside him.

At the same time, he also had some thoughts in his heart. Tomorrow, he must not let his wife see those clan elders. If his own father can say those words, let alone other people. He can already imagine how sad and embarrassing it will be for Hu Rong. He must not let such a thing happen.

"Rong'er, why don't you bring our two children to the palace with me tomorrow to face the Holy Spirit?" Gu Wenxuan thought for a moment, but still spoke up.

Hu Rong was momentarily stunned when she heard this, and then looked at Gu Wenxuan with some confusion. In fact, on the way back to the capital, Gu Wenxuan had already told her everything. She had thought that Gu Wenxuan was just an ordinary wealthy son in the capital, and at most, some relatives in the family were working as small officials, but she didn't expect that his family would be so prominent, and that they even had a title.

She is no longer the ignorant woman she was before, so she naturally knows what the word "title" means. Although Gu Wenxuan does not inherit the title, he is also a son of the family and a first-rank official. Currently, she feels a bit uneasy.

Gu Wenxuan treats her well, needless to say, she also knows this these past few years, and she also cherishes it. But, if the Gu family looks down on her, and then it will be very embarrassing for Gu Wenxuan to be caught in the middle.

Gu Wenxuan naturally knows who these elders in his family are, but he can't confront them face to face. After all, they are elders. Previously, when the family exchanged letters, Gu Sheng recognized his new daughter-in-law, but now he's suddenly saying the opposite. To say that there was no instigation behind to change his father's opinion, Gu Wenxuan didn't believe it, but his father was such a person, there was no way to change him.