Chapter 19

The team went into the tavern and settled down individually. Hu Rong was carried by Gu Wenxuan to the third-floor private room while she was sleeping.

After some time had passed, the guard in charge of the group brought up the boxes containing Gu Wenxuan and Hu Rong's personal items. The waiter at the post station then delivered hot meals.

The four entrees and one soup had a simple look but had a wonderful aroma. Gu Wenxuan put the food in the insulated lunch box next to Hu Rong, while he sat away and read a book after observing that she was still asleep.

Seeing that it was already dark and Hu Rong hadn't woken up yet, he worried that if she woke up in the middle of the night, she would be hungry and there would be no fresh food by then.

Gu Wenxuan directly went to hug Hu Rong, supporting the upper body and made her rest halfway on him, only then did he take the opportunity to kiss her face.

"Rong'er," in her sleep, Hu Rong felt someone calling her, kissing her on the cheek, she moved unconsciously, and just as she reached out her hand, she was gently pinched by a large generous palm.

"Are we at the tavern?" Hu Rong opened her eyes, rubbed them lightly with her hands, and she looked at Gu Wenxuan who was half hugging her.

"Yes, get up and eat." Gu Wenxuan gently pinched Hu Rong's cheek with his hands, and handed her the outer shirt beside him, and then he got up to set the food on the table.

Hu Rong felt a little hungry as well. She went there right after getting dressed. The meal was placed in the lunch box, and it was warm to the touch and not cold. Gu Wenxuan distributed all of the food.

He first skillfully filled a bowl of fish soup for Hu Rong and put it in front of her eyes, and then filled her with rice.

Hu Rong felt the temperature with her palms and began drinking right away. She picked up some of Gu Wenxuan's favorite meals with chopsticks and placed them in a bowl for him.

Seeing his beloved wife like this, Gu Wenxuan was naturally very happy. He ate everything without saying anything, and even added a lot of food for Hu Rong. The husband and wife sat together, smiling and saying a few things from time to time.

She slept too much during the day and couldn't fall asleep at night. After bathing and changing, Hu Rong tossed and turned on the bed for half an hour but couldn't fall asleep. Gu Wenxuan was lying beside her in his underwear.

"My lady, if you can't fall asleep, why don't we do something else?" After Gu Wenxuan said this, he slowly opened his eyes.

Hu Rong blushed when she heard this, and then she closed her eyes tightly, pretending to be asleep.

Gu Wenxuan turned over and hugged her, and then kissed her on the forehead.

"Go to bed, we have a long journey ahead of us tomorrow." Gu Wenxuan had no plans to do anything tonight after remembering how intense the disturbance had been the night before. During these two days of travel, he will let the person in his arms to rest and replenish her body.

Lying in the warm and comfy duvet, smelling the familiar scent, Hu Rong slowly fell asleep while enjoying Gu Wenxuan's warm and generous palm gently patting her back.

Then Gu Wenxuan also closed his eyes.

The sun was shining brightly on the day they arrived at Fucheng. Gu Wenxuan placed Hu Rong, Nanny Bai, and his group off at the tavern before heading to the Fucheng government office.

He didn't come too early, but he wasn't too late either. Some of the other officials had already arrived, but some still hadn't.

The magistrate first encouraged them to live in his own house, saying that he had already tidied up a few yards. After all, the tavern was not as comfortable as a home.

If Gu Wenxuan was alone, he would definitely have refused, but thinking that Hu Rong was also here, and he couldn't wrong her, so he finally agreed.

When the magistrate was speaking to everyone, he would inadvertently look at Gu Wenxuan couple times.

If he looks too much, it can't be a coincidence. Gu Wenxuan guessed it deep down that the magistrate must have seen him previously, due to the fact he visits the capital every year.

However, if he wants to approach him to get promoted, then he's surely mistaken. Considering how this guy treats him no differently than the rest on the surface, Gu Wenxuan couldn't help but gaze at him again.

After all, local officials wield a great deal of power in the local area. They may even cover the sky with one hand in places where the sky is high and the emperor is far away. Law and order appear to be excellent for beggars and the like, indicating that this person has done a lot of practical things.

After the banquet, Gu Wenxuan went to the tavern to pick up Hu Rong. Hu Rong was surprised to learn that she would be living in the magistrate's house, but she packed her belongings and accompanied Gu Wenxuan.

Nanny Bai also followed closely behind.

Looking at the clean and elegant courtyard, Gu Wenxuan nodded calmly, and then followed Hu Rong to the main house to resettle. After a while, the housekeeper arrived with two maids and two servants, claiming to be sent by the mansion's wife. They were assigned to serve the couple.

After sending the butler away, Nanny Bai took people to the side room to settle down.