Chapter 36

As soon as Gu Wenxuan came back from his shift, he went to the next door to check on the two sleeping little guys as usual. Seeing that Hu Rong was not there, he went to the main room again.

Hu Rong and Nanny Bai were in the room counting the children's belongings, money, four books and five classics, pens and ink, etc., which filled the whole table.

When Gu Wenxuan saw these things, he suddenly remembered that in the past, when he had to grasp an item symbolizing his future, he grasped a good brush.

This was what his mother told him later, but he didn't know what his two children would choose at that this time.

The backyard of the county office is not big, and it is not small either, but if you want to hold a big birthday party for your children, the space is probably not enough, so Hu Rong finally decided to book a big restaurant for the two children have a birthday party.

Naturally, Gu Wenxuan had no objection. Right now, the restaurant named Zuixianlou, is located opposite the county government office. Zuixianlou is the largest restaurant in the county, and there are all kinds of cooks and different dishes in the restaurant, and Hu Rong has already started preparing a meal list.

The clothes of the two little guys have already been prepared, and they are made of high-quality silk and satin.

Seeing that Gu Wenxuan was back, Nanny Bai quickly packed up her things and went down, while Hu Rong went to help him undress.

Taking off their robes, the two of them sat on the soft bed together

"Rong'er, there is still ten days left, take your time." After Gu Wenxuan finished speaking, he took Hu Rong's hand and held it in his own.

Hu Rong nodded and leaned directly on Gu Wenxuan.

At this time, a child's cry suddenly came from the next door, and Gu Wenxuan and Hu Rong hurried over

It turned out that Sister Yan woke up, and the nurse was coaxing her. Hu Rong went directly to pick up her little girl. After a while, the little girl stopped crying and lay obediently on her shoulder. The child is getting bigger, but the amount of sleep has also decreased.

Brother Heng on the side also woke up, but he didn't cry, he just waved his little hand. Gu Wenxuan stretched out a finger, and the little guy immediately grabbed it with his hand, smiling happily.

There were laughter in the house, and the sun was shining outside. Nanny Bai was sitting on the pavilion outside doing needlework, smiling all over her face.

Gu Wenxuan's paintings have always been excellent. Now that the two children's faces are more distinct, he wants to paint them and send it to the capital so his mother can see them.

He had made two paintings of Hu Rong before, one was that he kept for himself, and the other was sent to the capital for his mother to see.

On the day of rest, Gu Wenxuan prepared paper, pens, and paint, and immediately began to paint his twins.

The weather outside was good, so he took the two little guys into the garden and the flowers in the courtyard also bloomed, which happened to create a great scenery.

The two little guys were smiling happily in the small bamboo cart, and Hu Rong was also playing with the twins. Gu Wenxuan painted very quickly and finished it in less than an hour.

After drying the painting, he put it away and packed it in a bamboo tube aside, and then sent it back to the capital.

While the two little guys were babbling, Gu Wenxuan hurried over to pick up his little girl, and pecked her tender little cheek.

In the blink of an eye, it was the twins' first birthday, and the two children were wearing the clothes that had already been prepared, and they were wearing two high-quality warm jade collars, which Mrs. Gu gave to her two grandchildren.

Naturally, all the respectable families in the county came, and the whole restaurant was full of people coming and going, while Hu Rong was in the private room on the third floor with her two children and Mother Bai.

When it was time to catch an object, some low-status people had the opportunity to see these two children, a dragon and phoenix  twins, a boy who looks like his father and a girl who looks like her mother, as if they were carved from the same mold

Gu Wenxuan and Hu Rong were looking forward to what the two little guys could catch, but unfortunately, the two little guys thought they were playing around. They just picked up this one and then picked up that one, playing happily.

In the end, Sister Yan took a beautifully crafted jasper hairpin and stopped moving, while Brother Heng held a book and kept touching it with his hands. At this point, the ceremony was over, and the people around naturally picked up some beautiful words to Gu Wenxuan and Hu Rong said.

After the ceremony was over, it was time for the banquet. Nanny Bai and the two wet nurses took twins and went straight back to the county government office. Gu Wenxuan entertained the male guests in the front, while Hu Rong entertained the female guests in the backyard.

But after the banquet was over, Hu Rong and Gu Wenxuan went back to the county office hand in hand. Seeing the two little guys fell asleep, they asked the wet nurse to take good care of the two children, then turned and went back to their room.

At night, the two fell asleep together, and Hu Rong habitually nestled in Gu Wenxuan's arms, which made her feel safe, while Gu Wenxuan hugged her tightly and kissed her on the forehead.

Hearing the sound of even breathing from his arms, Gu Wenxuan slowly fell asleep.