Epilogue

Author's Note

Assalamwalaikum, everyone! It's finally here, the last chapter of AeI. Thank you so much to those of you who have joined me on this journey. Many of you have been reading since I started this story back in March 2022. It's been over a year, and I'm appreciative to have had the support, patience, and interest of every single one of you. I thank you all for making me smile with your votes and comments, which really motivated me to continue writing, and for letting this story be an escape for me. I will really miss writing about Heer and Salaar. I really enjoyed their softness and vulnerability towards each other as best friends, childhood best friends to lovers being my favorite trope.

I like to continue on with stories of my core characters that get introduced in my other books, like how I did with Zahid and Ayaara after DoL, so it's kind of weird for me to close the world of AeI so soon. Perhaps if I come up with a story for one of the other characters in AeI one day, we might get to revisit them. But for now, I wanted to change up the scenery and cast with my new story Mujhe Pyaar Hua Tha, which I've already started writing. If you haven't checked that out already, I would love it if you did!

Please enjoy as we embark on our last ride of Azmaish-e-Ishq. Once again, thank you all for the love, interest, and appreciation. I hope to continue seeing you read and support my work. Please keep me in your duas, stay well, and be kind to yourself and others.

Lots of love 💫❤️ ChalWahanJaateHain

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

🎶"Zara kabhi meri nazaar se khudko dekh bhi; hai chaand mein bhi daag, par na tujh mein ek bhi. Khud pe haqq mera tere hawaale kardiya.

Just look at yourself through my eyes sometime; the moon has blemishes, but you do not have a single one. I have given you every right on myself."🎶

-           Tere Hawaale | Amitabh Bhattacharya | Arijit Singh & Shilpa Rao

Heer's P.O.V.

I was sat up in bed and had just switched on the TV when I heard my window push open.

A smile erupted on my lips at the sight of my husband. A similar expression graced his face when he saw my extended arms. He climbed onto my bed and laid in front of me with his head on my lap. My arms wrapped around his chest as I leaned down and pecked his cheek. "I missed you, ruhum."

He took my right hand and kissed my palm before placing it back. "I missed you too, baby. I just got free."

After he'd given Mr. Wilmore a call to say he couldn't go to Los Angeles, he went home to greet his parents. After mine arrived home, we all made dinner plans and went out to eat. Once we reached home, he caught up with his parents then finally come over.

My fingers combed through his silky hair as I gazed at his beautiful amber-green eyes. "Go to sleep, balim. You must be tired. I'm feeling sleepy too."

He got up and turned off the lights and my TV then got into bed next to me. He extended an arm, and I nestled into him with my head on his shoulder, my arm slung around him. He pecked my lips then my forehead before pulling me closer. "I wish you would come back to London with me tomorrow, love."

I had a meeting scheduled from weeks in advance with the decorators this Friday, so I would be going back home to him on Saturday instead of tomorrow, which was Wednesday. But it was only going to be for a weekend. It was going to be the last two days we were going to have to ourselves before our wedding festivities start next month; I was going to come back to Manchester on Monday to be in town for last-minute wedding preps and meetings.