Ch. 20: An Unwanted Visitor

🎶"Chal puch diyan, tenu dasna paina. Main rowangi te, tenu hasna paina. Tenu khabar nai kithe si kho gayi... Humdard kyon bande ve tu hun mera? Ohdo kenda si mainu nafrat hi karenga. Main suneya mera naam nu sunke roya ae. Mere haal nu sunke, yaara ve, das ki karenga?

If I ask, then you will have to answer. Will you find it funny if I cry? You didn't even keep track of where I got lost.... Why are you being my sympathizer? You said you would always hate me. I heard you cried upon hearing my name. What will you do when you hear about my condition?"🎶

- Main Suneya | Raj Fatehpur | Ammy Virk

Salaar's P.O.V.

"I need to see Heer," Kamran expressed.

"I'll f*cking kill you before I let you see her," I snapped.

"Sal-" my arm swung back before my fist came in contact with his jaw, just as the nurse wheeled Heer into view.

The nurse abandoned Heer and ran back inside, "Security!"

Kamran returned the hit.

"Salaar!" Heer called my name faintly, but it reached neither of our ears.

I socked him before he threw another punch.

Sporting her grey shawl over a light pink hoodie and jogger set, Heer pushed herself out of the wheelchair and made her way in between us after we exchanged another punch.

She spread her weak arms out low in front of me defensively, facing Kamran.

"Heer," I took her name incredulously, not having noticed when she left the wheelchair.

Heer's P.O.V.

My heart pounded as I stood face to face with Kamran, my eyes watering instantaneously.

How did he know I was here? What was he doing here? I didn't expect to see him, let alone anyone for that matter.

I wasn't prepared for this.

He looked rugged, his breathing heavy, under eyes grey, facial scruff long, strands of hair now strewn across his forehead from the fight.

"Heer," he whispered, his eyes softening.

He took in my appearance, his light brown orbs trailing down my face, lingering on the hospital ID band around my wrist.

I bit my lower lip hard, flashbacks from Friday playing in my mind.

"I'll be f*cking d*mned if I married you, Heer Qureshi."

My insides began to shake.

"Tell him what I did. Tell him I f*cked another woman on the day of his daughter's nikkah to me."

The tears spilled down my cheeks, and Kamran took a step forward, reaching a hand out to wipe them. I backed away into Salaar.

Stood behind me, Salaar shot his hand out over my shoulder, pushing Kamran's away, "I swear I will break your f*cking hand if you touch her!" he barked. "I dare you!"

He stopped where he was, "Heer, I just want to talk to you."

"Tell him you all got what you deserved."

"I would have never forgiven myself if married you."

I turned around and clutched the sides of Salaar's shirt, my frame leaning into him. I was having difficulty holding myself up. His arms wrapped around my waist in support as he studied my face. I could feel Kamran's eyes burning into my back.