Ch. 27: Unfinished Business

Heer's P.O.V.

"Ami, dekhein! Salaar kaise kar raha hai!" I ran down the stairs of their house, my partner in crime hot on my trail.
(Ami, look! See what is Salaar doing!)

It was the following evening after our first date. Salaar was leaving back to London after a long day of online work. We'd just finished having an early dinner and he was getting ready to go.

"Salaar, why are you chasing the poor girl?! You both just ate. You guys will throw up if you keep running," she shook her head before facing her phone again, "Yeh dono bachchein hi reh jaayenge, kabhi bade nahin honge. Kya karoon main inn dono ka? Allah hi jaane."
(These two will remain kids, they'll never grow up. What am I going to do with them? Only God knows.)

"Kya ho rahe hai, Ami?" I heard Api's voice from her phone speakers.
(What's happening, Ami?)

"Tum hi dekh lo," she flipped the camera.
(Have a look for yourself.)

I squealed while circling the dining table.

"Na-insaafi kar rahi hai yeh, Ami!" Salaar asserted with a pout.
(She's being unfair, Ami!)

I sprinted into the kitchen with him in tow, "Mazak kar rahi thi! Mazak samajh nahin aata hai tumhe?!"
(I was joking! You don't understand jokes?!)

"Nahin! Nahin aata!"
(No. No, I don't!)

"Aayega kaise? Maindak ka bheja jo hai!" I giggled.
(How will you? You have a frog's brain!)

"Daurna band karo! Fisaal jaaoge dono!" Ami cautioned from where she remained stood in the living room.
(Stop running! You both will slip!)

"What did you say?!" Salaar paused, questioning incredulously.

"You heard me!" I stifled another round of giggles.

"Kam se kam maindakon ka bheja machcharon se bada hota hai!"
(At least frog brains are bigger than those of mosquitos!)

I gasped. "Are you calling me dumb?!"

"No, I'm calling you unfair. Just because I visited you these two days doesn't mean you get to stay two days less in London," he frowned.

"Are you sure about that?" I teased. "We spent two days together when we weren't supposed to," I shrugged, "It can count for two days I'm supposed to spend with you there. I don't think it's necessary that I be there the full two weeks this time."

His eyebrows pulled together, "That's not what we agreed on, love."

The innocence in his expression and belief in the possibility of my joke being a reality melted my heart.

"My presence or visits has nothing to do with your two-week visits," he continued, folding his arms.

I approached him, slithering my hands into his tightly crossed arms so I could give him a hug, "Aww, I was joking, Salaar."

He turned his face away and lowered his arms to his sides while I embraced him.

I looked up at his amber-green eyes and chiseled jaw, resting my chin against the center of his chest, "I was just teasing you. I'll stay the entire two weeks."

He gazed down at me. "You will?"

I nodded.

For some reason, my insides felt like they were growing weaker by the second as he continued looking into my eyes. It was like I was turning into some warm goop.

His arms wrapped around my waist while he tilted his head, leaning in. I closed my eyes and waited to feel his lips against my temple, but instead I felt his warm breath against my ear, "Toh abhi aa jao mere saath."
(Come with me now.)

Azmaish-e-Ishqजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें