Ch. 21: Confrontations

Heer's P.O.V.

I lied awake sobbing silently, clutching the bed sheet which was wet from my tears, my phone continuing to illuminate relentlessly.

"Who is it?" Kamran asked after I flipped my silent, flashing phone over.

I was tucked under his arm, nestled against him under a soft blanket on his bed at his flat. We were watching a show on his iPad.

"Just some Snapchat notifications," I snuggled closer to him.

"From?"

"You're off-hours now, wakeel sahab. Sawaal jawaab apne clients ke liye rakhna, samjhe?"
(You're off-hours now, Mr. Lawyer. Save the question-answers for your clients, understood?)

He rolled over on top of me suddenly, caging me under him, mischief illuminating in his eyes as he smirked, "Is that a threat?"

"Hai toh?"
(If it is?)

"I don't deal well with threats coming from clients, babe," he gripped my waist. "Are you sure you want to know the answer to your question?"

I smiled, teasing, "Zara manzar thik se jhaank lo, wakeel sahab. Na hi main aap ki client hoon na hi yeh jang ka maidaan aap ke courtroom."
(Study the scene well, Mr. Lawyer. I am not your client nor is this battle field your courtroom.)

"Lekin yeh jang ka maidaan mera sabse favorite hai," his warm breath grazed my mouth before his lips took mine in a hard kiss, his fingers intertwining with mine. His tongue wrestled with mine as I felt his smile against my lips, reflecting his words.
(But this battle field is my most favorite.)

He retreated slightly, groaning, "What I wouldn't do for a kiss from you," before leaning in for another kiss, soft and slow.

I gazed at his eyes lovingly, wrapping my arms around his neck.

His nose skimmed against my cheek and he buried his face in my neck, "And your scent is my favorite." I felt him sniff my neck before he pecked the skin, "Lavender." He took another whiff, his stubble tickling the sensitive flesh, then kissed my neck again, "Rose." My arms around him grew tighter as he smelled me again before pecking, "And vanilla."

He moved his head back and I watched him lovingly. I nudged my nose against his, giggling, "Tumhara naam Kamran nahin, Khargosh hona chahiye tha. You have a strong sense of smell by the way, aşkım. And you're quite cute."
(Your name shouldn't have been Kamran, it should be Rabbit.)

He chuckled before rolling onto his back, making me lay on top of him. "In that case, if I was named Khargosh, then you would be my carrot," he brushed some of my hair behind my ear. "I'd find your location by sniffing the air for your smell like this," he inhaled deeply against my cheek while shaking his head, making me squeal with a grin. "And I would go to the ends of this earth just to get a kiss from you," he demonstrated with a big kiss.

"You would go to the ends of this earth with tiny bunny hops?" I lifted an eyebrow at my adorable boyfriend.

He nodded cutely with an innocent expression, "With tiny bunny hops."

"Pagal."
(Crazy.)

He strengthened his arms around me, sighing, "Tumhare pyaar mein."
(Crazy in your love.)

I chuckled as I reached for the iPad. Just as I placed it on his chest to turn the show back on, he lifted it above my head, "Who was sending you those Snapchats?"

My eyes widened, "You still haven't forgotten about that, aşkım?!"

He gazed at me with jealousy in his eyes, pouting.