Ch. 31: Kashmiri Chai

🎶"Kabhi haq toh jatao na, hoon kya main ye batao na. Tumhari aankhon se duniya mujhe aa kar dikhao na.

(Express your right on me sometime, tell me what I am. Come and show me the world through your eyes.)"🎶

- Lost Without You | Kunaal Vermaa & Anushka Shahaney

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

Heer's P.O.V.

I sat up with a gasp, my chest heaving as my lips morphed into a sob.

It was a dream. A nightmare.

I glanced around my dark bedroom in search of the clock. 3:38 AM.

I wiped at my tears futilely, scrambling off my bed and to my window.

My fingers curled around the bottom of Salaar's slightly opened glass pane after I crossed the beam, pushing it up.

"Salaar," I whimpered, making my way to his sleeping figure, "Salaar!"

The image of them kissing just wouldn't leave my head.

His head lifted off the pillow, his barely cracked eyes filled with sleep, "Heer?" He sat up in panic and confusion as I climbed onto the bed. "Heer? What's going on?"

My arms wrapped around his neck as I cried silently. He drew an arm around my waist, his other hand trying to move the hair away from my face.

"Is everything okay? Did something happen to Baba or Anne?"

I shook my head, burying my face in his neck.

"Wh- Did... Did someone say something?"

I shook my head again.

He moved me in front of him, studying my face with soft, concerned eyes, "Baby..."

I cupped his cheeks frantically, my lips trembling, "Promise me you won't cheat on me."

His expression faltered, his amber-green eyes filling with confusion.

"Promise," I sobbed.

"Promise," he nodded, "I promise, sweetheart. Never. Come here." He pulled me into his arms, pressing a firm kiss to my forehead.

I rested my cheek on his shoulder, blubbering, "I had this dream where you and Haniya-"

"Shh, it was just a dream," he rubbed my back, "It's over."

"It felt so real-"

"It wasn't real. Calm down, baby," he cooed gently, combing his fingers through my hair. He laid me down alongside him, wiping my cheeks, "I can't see you cry, love. Shh. Please."

I moved closer, holding him tightly as I cried, "You're so precious to me, Sally. I never want to lose you."

"I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart. You're stuck with me in this world and in the next," he chuckled softly.

I sniffled, caressing his cheek as I tried to muster a smile, "And you're stuck with me."

"There's no other way I would want it to be, love." He cuddled me to himself, and I rested my head on his chest, clutching his shirt with my hand. "Go to sleep, sweetheart. You have work in a few hours. Forget about it. It was just a bad dream." He pecked my cheek and rubbed my back until I fell asleep.

He wasn't Kamran. He was my Sally. My Froggie. My protector. My husband. My heart was safe in his hands.

We both woke up to his alarm. I bid him adieu after making sure he didn't fall back asleep then went back to my room.