Ch. 5: Secrets and Dates

Heer's P.O.V.

"I-I-" my heart was racing.

Kamran was asking me out on a date!

"We can go whenever works for you, tonight, tomorrow night..."

I have never gone on a date before. I had been asked out a few times, but I always said no because the feelings weren't mutual.

But Kamran? I would be lying if I said I wasn't subconsciously waiting to see him again after last week.

All I could hear were the thuds of my heartbeat echoing in my ears. I was nervous to have dinner with him... But it was just dinner. We would talk and eat, that's it.

He was really, really attractive... and he smelled good... and his dark hair was very nice and well-kept.

"It's alright if you don't want to. I don't want you to feel pressur-"

I looked everywhere except at him as I asked quietly, "Does tonight, uh, work for you?"

But then I couldn't help but gaze at him as a smile graced his face.

"Yes."

I nodded.

"I can pick you up at 6?"

"That sounds good."

His soft eyes trailed my face once more, "Alright."

"Alright," I smiled softly.

He dropped me home after what was a silent, yet pleasant car ride. Once I entered my house, I found the nearest pillow and buried my face in it while squealing. I then went upstairs and switched on the lights before opening my closet to pick an outfit for tonight.

It was when I heard something hit against my window did I realize I'd made a huge mess. My clothes flooded the carpet around my feet and claimed territory on my bed.

I quickly went over to my window and opened it, picking up yet another scrunched ball of paper.

"Ji, tashreef laye Fall Equinox Formal ke shehzade," I called out.
(Yes, present yourself, prince of the Fall Equinox Formal.)

Salaar chuckled as he came into view.

"Ji, janab, hasiye. Meri khirki agar toot jaye toh tumhara kya? Main hi sab keede makodon ke saath maze mein rahoongi. Pata nahin kis kism ke kagaaz istemaal karte ho tum. Nahin, yeh kagaaz nahin, eent hai eent!"
(Yes, sir, laugh. If my window breaks, then what's it to you? I'll live in fun with all the bugs. Who knows what kind of paper you use? No, it's not paper, it's a brick!)

He came inside, "Tum Hayat ko chodo, screenwriter ban jao. Drama karna koi tumse seekhe."
(Forget Hayat, become a screenwriter. People should learn how to do drama from you.)

"Aur choron ki tarah ghar mein ghusna aur khirki todna tumse."
(And people should learn how to enter homes and break windows like a thief from you.)

He walked towards my bed, "Asli chor toh tum ho."
(You are the real thief.)

My head turned towards him, "Matlab?"
(Meaning?)

He paused, "Matlab kuch nahin."
(Meaning nothing.)

I was about open the paper ball when he picked up a pile of my clothes from the bed. A pair of my underwear fell from it and onto his feet, "What happened to your room?"

I quickly stuffed the paper ball into my drawer with the old one and rushed over, picking up my undergarment and hiding it under the rest of the clothes on the bed.