Ch. 4: The Scammer

Heer's P.O.V.

"I thought we agreed we wouldn't ever bring it up again!" I exclaimed with red cheeks as I tried to catch up to Salaar, who was laughing at my flustered state while walking to his car.

"What? That we've kissed before?" he further emphasized.

"Salaar!" I looked around, "Shh!"

He suddenly paused and I bumped into him before he turned around.

A smirk tugged on his lips, "You don't want other people to know that you and I, Heer Qureshi and Salaar Riaz, have kissed on the lips?"

This man! The way he kept repeating it over and over!

My eyes widened, "Salaar. Riaz."

He watched me with amusement, "Would it bother you? For others to know?"

I made a sarcastic face and folded my arms, shrugging, "Oh, of course not. It's not like people have the hardest time believing we are just friends anyway," I gave him a blank stare, "Did you already forget what we just endured? Every single person inside thought I was your girlfriend. If anyone hears you, then- And it doesn't count! We were in preschool! It was one time. We didn't know any better until our teacher saw and yelled at us."

He sucked his teeth before teasing, "Doesn't change the fact I was your first kiss."

I scoffed, "No need to feel so special. I was also yours."

He lifted an eyebrow, "So, it counts?"

"No!"

"You just said you were my first ki-"

"Stop saying it out loud!"

He chuckled before looking into my eyes tenderly with a smile. I feigned a scowl and was about to hit his arm when he trapped me into another wrestling position so my back was to him.

"Why am I even friends with this man?!" I muttered.

He placed his crown back on my head, "Because I'm the best."

"You're the worst."

"Sure. The worst in being the worst, making me the best."

"Bravo. What logic," I said monotonously.

He observed my face over my shoulder as he kept me caged to him.

"But you're the actually the best, Heer. Thanks for coming with me tonight."

I couldn't help but smile up at him, "You're welcome."

He returned the smile, "I owe you one."

"Mm," I pretended to contemplate before looking at him and responding in an innocent, playful manner, "You can pay off your debt now. Ruby's is on you."

He sighed lightheartedly, "Alright, but you are the richer one of the both of us, Ms. ProudOwnerOfYourVeryOwnCoffeeShop."

"Ah ah, you can't talk your way out of this. The bill is all yours."

He chuckled, "Fine!"

I looked down at his arms around me, giggling, "Ab chhod bhi do!"
(Now let me go!)

He dropped his arms as he said jestingly, "Chhodne ke liye nahin pakda tha tumhein."
(I didn't hold you to let you go.)

"Wah! Apne baaton par kitne qaim hai aap."
(Wow! You are so truthful to your word.)

He opened my door, "Azmake toh dekho, meri jaan."
(Test me and see, my life.)

"Zaroor, kyun nahin?" I then feigned a mesmerized expression, pressing a hand to my chest, "Lekin, 'meri jaan?' Haaye, main fidah ho gayi!"
(Sure, why not?.... But, 'my life?' I've fallen for you!)