𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎: 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐞

Maybellen
My phone rings at 8:30 pm from Zachary. I'd like to know where he has been all day.

"Hello?"

"M-Maybellen, go to Z-Zachary's closet, grab his 3 guns, and bring 10 bullets to the Sniper's building." Theo stammered, out of breath.

"What is going on-"

"We don't have fucking time! Get his stuff and drive over here!" he shouted at me through the phone.

I was shocked and confused but knew I had to act fast. I opened his closet and looked around. I opened a box and saw a bunch of guns. Why does he have so many? I had never seen Zachary and Theo with a gun before and I had no idea why he needed them now.

Theo called me on Zachary's phone which means he isn't trapped anymore.

I put my hoodie on and grabbed a bag to put the guns in. I can get in serious trouble if I'm caught with these.

✰✰✰

45 minutes later I get there but I don't know the passcode. I hurry up and call Zachary's number again with shaky hands.

"The passcode is 19280," Theo told me.

I hurry and put the passcode in, the metal door opens and I rush inside. I look around the place and I see Diego staring at me.

I was scared, my heart was pounding and I was afraid of what he was going to do. I had no idea why I was here or what was going on.

Theo didn't tell me where he was, I don't know where any of the rooms are.

I ran as fast as I could, but Diego was following me closely. I ran down the hallway, trying to find a place to hide, but nothing seemed safe enough. I was running out of options until I saw a door with an "Only higher members" sign. I knew that was my only chance. I opened the door and it led to a room full of weapons. I grabbed my bookbag and unzipped it.

I had no idea what was going on, but I knew I had to find a way out of there before something bad happened. With the gun in my shaky hands, I had the gun pointed at Diego.

"Maybellen," Diego snarled, moving closer to me.

I had nowhere else to turn and I was desperate to escape the situation. I was scared and had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I knew I had to do something to get out of there.

Diego takes his knife and starts moving towards me.

"You can't shoot me," Diego growled, looking at me up and down.

I was frozen in my place, my heart pounding in my chest.

"B-back away f-from me," I trembled, gripping the gun with my sweaty hands.

He puts his knife on the table and takes a cigarette out.

I walked closer to him and was about to pull the trigger until he bend down and stabbed my stomach.

I screamed in pain as I felt the sharp blade pierce my skin. I dropped the gun and staggered backward, clutching my stomach as I tried to stop the bleeding. Tears streamed down my face as the intense pain seared through my body.

He kicks my head and I crawl over to grab the gun again.

I held the gun tightly in my hands, my finger on the trigger.

"Wow, you're going to kill me? You're going to try and do that?" he asked me, exhaling the smoke.

"Y-yes, you hurt my friends and you hurt me a-also," I stuttered, on the verge of falling.

"Oh yes, that night was amazing for me. But it would've been better if you would just stop crying so much," Diego scoffed, kicking the rug.

I felt the tears run down my face as I held the gun pointed at Diego. I hope Zachary, Theodore, and Emily are okay. I can't lose them.

Diego looked me up and down, he walked over to me, and were now face to face. He lifts my chin and my legs weaken. He looked at me with so much desire.

I look away and push him hard, making him tumble down.

"Don't touch me again!" I warned him.

I have to kill him now, but I can't.

He gets back up and has a knife in his hand, he runs towards me and I pull the trigger. The bullet shoots right in his chest and Diego starts laughing.

There's no blood coming out of his chest, and he's still standing.

He's wearing a bulletproof vest.

I quickly turn and run out of the room, I run down the hallway, holding my stomach.

I stop running when I see Aurelia dead on the wall, with blood all over her body and bruises. I covered my mouth and backed away, running even farther.

I end up at the end of the hallway and I opened the door. I limp down the steps and end up in a cold, dim room.

"H-hello?" I weakly shouted.

Emily rushes to me and she embraces me in a warm hug, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Where's Zachary?" I muttered, backing away.

She closes her eyes and more tears fell down her face. She grabbed my hand and bring me to the corner of the room.

"Zachary!" I yelled, limping over to him.

He's laying down on the floor, with cuts, bruises, and blood all over him. I can feel my heart breaking with sadness as I kneel beside him, tears streaming down my face.

Theo grabbed my arm to pull me away but I'm still holding on Zachary.

"Don't cause him more stress Maybellen," Theo whispered.

I shook my head, "Why did he leave without any backup," I cried.

"Aurelia is the silencer, he figured it out earlier," Theo confessed.

Zachary was lying there motionless, his eyes closed and his body bleeding. I couldn't help but feel guilty for not being able to save him. Aurelia, my own friend, I trusted her, I told her all my secrets because we were friends

This whole time she was against me and I fell for it. This is all my fault.

"We have to leave him here and come back with medical supplies," Theo instructed.

I violently shook my head and Emily grabbed my arm.

"Let go of me!" I screamed, shaking my body.

Theo grabbed my other arm and they pull me back. I'm sobbing and staring at Zachary who is still passed out.

What if he dies? If he dies then I won't be able to live.

I felt dizzy and Theo carried me upstairs. I saw Diego walking passed the halls.

"If we don't run, we will die,"
✰✰✰

"If we don't run, we will die,"✰✰✰

✰✰✰